Cooler weather means... (Read 1372 times)

faster runs! Big grin Confession: I felt like I was getting progressively slower even though my miles have been going up up up. Now I realize - DUH! - that it was the heat and humidity slowing me down. My splits for tonight's 5 miler mile 1: 8:34 mile 2: 8:40 mile 3: 8:20 mile 4: 8:10 mile 5: 8:45 ... and while I was definitely pushing it, I felt great!
    2009: BQ?
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I hear that! I about crapped when I logged yesterday's EASY run and it was as fast as a Tempo run of half its length I did a month ago. I cannot wait to run my HMs! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

faster runs! Big grin Confession: I felt like I was getting progressively slower even though my miles have been going up up up. Now I realize - DUH! - that it was the heat and humidity slowing me down. My splits for tonight's 5 miler mile 1: 8:34 mile 2: 8:40 mile 3: 8:20 mile 4: 8:10 mile 5: 8:45 ... and while I was definitely pushing it, I felt great!
        Yep heat DEFINETLY slows ya down!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO @ getting faster!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

VERY NICE!! Lets all do a bring the cooler weather dance! Big grin

Michelle

trecker

Well, my six miler was not quite as fast as the five miler pace, but I have been struggling this summer to get to a 9:20 pace for any run. So I was shocked this evening that my easy run dropped in at an 8:42 pace! I even managed negative splits with a return trip 40 seconds faster than the outbound leg!

Imminent Catastrophe

What cooler weather? We ain't got none o' that down here in Jaw-Jaw.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

You read my mind Tricia! I had the best run last night. What a difference 20 degrees can make! I was no where near as fast as you on my splits, but I was steady, consistent and it felt great. I have a feeling this is going to be a great fall running season!
                  Well, my six miler was not quite as fast as the five miler pace, but I have been struggling this summer to get to a 9:20 pace for any run. So I was shocked this evening that my easy run dropped in at an 8:42 pace! I even managed negative splits with a return trip 40 seconds faster than the outbound leg!
                  Nice run!!
                    You read my mind Tricia! I had the best run last night. What a difference 20 degrees can make! I was no where near as fast as you on my splits, but I was steady, consistent and it felt great. I have a feeling this is going to be a great fall running season!
                    Yay for fall running weather!
                      Colder weather just shortens the effective distance. Wink ( Clowning around)

Vim

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

50 degrees tonight. Maybe I'll go for a run!
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

It's 55º here...I am heading out for a run in a bit and wearing long sleeves and long pants. I swear it was only 2 weeks ago that I was sweating my butt off in a tank and skirt. k

~ Sarah Kay

It's 55º here...I am heading out for a run in a bit and wearing long sleeves and long pants. I swear it was only 2 weeks ago that I was sweating my butt off in a tank and skirt. k
                            Wimp! Clowning around 46 yesterday - still in a skirt, moving from tanks to short sleeves although I may be breaking out some gloves soon. See why I can't fathom you guys being able to tolerate running in that heat Big grin I think Trent is either bored or tapering Wink

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                            Thyroid Support Group

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Wimp! Clowning around
                              I know, isn't it funny? In a couple of months 55 will feel warm, but the drastic switch from 85 and humid to 55 with low humidity is really a shock to the system. 55 in the spring and I'd definitely be wearing a skirt, but not now...brrr.... Wink k

~ Sarah Kay