Robby Clemens - running around the World (Read 471 times)

Regina

Heard already about this? Today Robby Clemens - a crazy guy from my home country Germany - started his run around the World. Or at least he planned to start today - have no information whether he really did ... He wants to run 23000 km in 298 days and do about 10000 km by plane (seems he's not able to run on the water yet Wink ). This means that he will run in average 80 km per day!!! Or 560 km per week !!!! Shocked. Not bad even for the cyclists here, right?? On the German website there is some more information: 10 years ago he had severe problems with his heart, was much too heavy, was smoking, and drinking a lot of alcohol. He decided to start running in 1998 and lost 42 kg within one year. He ran his firwst marathon in 2000 and his first ultra run - 493 km in one week - in 2001. So seems there is hope for all of us Big grin English website: http://85.10.211.172/worldrun/site/eckdatlstrecke_en.htm
      Wow! And to think that some of us will be ecstatic reaching 1000 miles this year. Now it makes me wonder about recovery days. Some people seem to be managing fine without them. Would you know how old he is? I truly hope he makes it. Just planning the whole thing must have been quite a headache. E
      I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill
      Regina

He's 45 years old .. I have no idea how he can do that. He will have some recovery days - mainly when he has to take the plane ... And he has already managed to run 925 km in one week. But that's nothing as compared to this project - nearly one year of running all the time!! We will see what happens!!!