Knee injury from an Underwater bar stool - advice please (Read 700 times)

Vally

While re-entering the pool in Mexico, I slammed my knee into an underwater cement and tile bar stool. My next day was a rest day and the knee was feeling good so, on my running day, I ran. I only did about 3 miles, but it was on concrete. After the run, it still felt good....until about 2 hours later. I rested it for four days, tried to run again this morning and could only go about 3/4 mile before it started hurting again. Walked briskly for the rest of the run and it was fine. My hunch is I badly bruised my knee and need to avoid impact right now but what can I do to treat it and how long should a bruise be rested? Honestly, I feel like an idiot, but I am sure the bar stool feels even more stupid than I. Thanks in advance!

Imminent Catastrophe

I just have to ask, was tequila involved? That stuff is bad for your health Big grin Seriously, you'll just have to listen to your knee, it will let you know. Unlike muscle soreness which you can "run through" joint pain is not to be ignored. If it's been 5-6 days you'll probably be good to go soon.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016