Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Yesterday I smashed my half marathon record. Very excited. I took 6m40s off my time for the same race last year! And it was a hot day for a race! Today I'm not nearly as sore as I expected which is another good confirmation for me how much better shape I'm in because I gave this race my all.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Yesterday I smashed my half marathon record. Very excited. I took 6m40s off my time for the same race last year! And it was a hot day for a race! Today I'm not nearly as sore as I expected which is another good confirmation for me how much better shape I'm in because I gave this race my all.

WTG! Cool

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

jeffdonahue

That is awesome - congratulations!!!  makes you feel good about all those miles you've put in doesnt it?

Doc, my tooth hurts

Congrats!  Which race was that?  And what one was short?

The one that was short was in Oconomowoc, the lake country half marathon and 5k.  The one this past weekend was Tosafest 5k. It's a point to point race that is mostly downhill for the first mile, not a big downhill but enough that it gives you a little boost and starts everyone off fast. The nice thing about that was I passed way more people than ones that passed me.Smile

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

That is awesome - congratulations!!!  makes you feel good about all those miles you've put in doesnt it?

For sure! I'm never run as much as I did in August!

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

an amazing likeness

Unplanned victory for the day....passed 10,000 miles logged.

10,003 miles as of tonight's 6.5 mile jog.

Started logging on May 17, 2006..no idea what happened before then...

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

xhristopher

I don't think that earlier stuff counts. Good thing you started logging. So, congrats on the 10K.

Nicely done.  10,000 miles is a wicked milestone!

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                  Emil Zatopek

Awesome Andy - that's a serious amount of miles! Well done

2017 Goals
                    1) Run more than 231 miles
                    2) Be ready for  HM in the spring

nkeliher

Running nut

Felt like a runner for the first time this year: after not exercising at all for the first five months of 2011 due to work/stress (when I most needed to be running but we don't always do what's best for us), I started to get in shape in June/July (new job) but missed August due to vacation/injury. I've been doing a mixture of hiking and 3-4 mile runs, and last week I did a slow 8-miler to try to build up my endurance, but every run has felt sluggish (the extra pounds don't help) until today, when I rattled off a 5.4 miles at just over 8 minute pace. I felt light, quick, and with a bit of perseverance I can get back in the low 7s where I belong and eventually make an attempt at a BQ some time next year.

Next step - sign up for a fall race so I have a goal to train for.

Also glad to be back on the Forum - I missed reading all your posts.

"Madison Wisconsin" Northface Endurance Challange....2nd in age group Men 50-59. My first 10K race! Signed up for a 15K in September..... gotta get training!

KLW

I'm a new runner - just started getting serious in April.  Couldn't run for 5 mins without wheezing, gasping and hating it...now I can run (not just jog, but run!) for 12k without stopping.  I'm the smiler on the path...I almost want to high five other runners.    

I LOVE THIS!!!  And this site rocks.  I'm training for the New Balance Fall Classic Half Marathon (Vancouver BC) and logging my workouts and runs, and it's super motivating and inspiring to see my efforts add up.

That and my jeans fit oh so nice againSmileSmileSmile

Lynx

Hey KLW,

great work, good to know there is another smiler on the road.

I just went to Vancouver for the first time this May, and boy- I'd love to run a race there. Good luck with training for that one too.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

"Madison Wisconsin" Northface Endurance Challange....2nd in age group Men 50-59. My first 10K race! Signed up for a 15K in September..... gotta get training!

Congrats.

nkeliher

Get in the miles and the speed will take of its self. Good luck.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Cool Jump Suit

Won my first race today!!  It was just a small 5k to raise $$ for my daughters' school.  Maybe only 30-50 people, but I won.  My older daughter won her age group!  Great day!!  Big grin

So bittersweet,
                                This tragedy
                                Won't ask for absolution;
                                This melody,
                                Inside of me,
                                Still searches for solution.
                                A twist of faith,
                                A change of heart
                                Cures my infatuation.
                                A broken heart, 
                                Provides the spark
                                For my determination.