no Carbs at night debate (Read 4554 times)

The Greatest of All Time

How do you screw people with a testosterone deficiency? Isn't that hard? (Or, not hard?)
    I am on gear dude. No testosterone deficiency here. Hard as Chinese arithmetic.
    all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
      http://www.hghmagazine.com/2-habits-that-immediately-stop-your-natural-hgh-production/
      2 habits that immediately stop your natural HGH production It would be safe to say that we are creatures of habit right? What if we told you there are habits you might have that are shutting down your natural production of growth hormones. #1 - Don’t Eat Sugar for Two Hours After Working Out A high sugar meal after working out, or even a recovery drink (containing high sugar) after working out, will stop the benefits of exercise induced HGH. [...] #2 - Don’t Eat Carbohydrates 90 Minutes Before Going to Bed Growth hormone status is especially dependent on sleep, because a major growth hormone surge occurs during the first 30-70 minutes after falling asleep. Disturbed or disrupted sleep can cause growth hormone output to be reduced or aborted. Carbohydrates can disrupt AND disturb your nighttime HGH output. Carbohydrates are a primary trigger for insulin. HGH and insulin do not like each other. If you go to bed with carbohydrates in your belly this will raise your blood sugar which causes insulin to be secreted. Studies show that fasting prior to sleep can heighten sleep-related growth hormone output. Therefore, based on all the evidence in both the sleeping and waking state, going to bed with a belly-full of carbs is hormonally unwise and may diminish, if not nullify, nighttime growth hormone release.
        http://www.hghmagazine.com/exercise-more-age-less/
        How to stimulate natural human growth hormone (HGH) production. Exercise is one of the primary triggers for HGH secretion. Why this happens still remains a mystery is scientific circles, however, researchers speculate that increases in adrenaline, nitric oxide, blood lactate, acidity or nerve activity act individually or as a group effort to cause increases in human growth hormone production. Research shows that to achieve human growth hormone (hGH) production above baseline a person must spend at least 10 minutes training at above lactate threshold intensity. HGH human growth hormone exercise suggestions Exercise – 3 times per week, each involving at least 10 minutes’ above lactate threshold During exercise – plenty of plain water After exercise – avoid sugar for two hours post exercise but take at least 25g of protein
          What HGH will do is help reduce body fat and accelerate some connective tissue repair, but it's not a proven muscle builder like anabolic steroids. As written, HGH is typically released during sleep.
          It appears that some distance running coaches have advised runners to use HGH. It must have some performance enhancing ability with regards to distance running... http://www.theage.com.au/news/Sport/Athletics-coach-accused-of-pushing-HGH/2006/02/18/1140151846264.html
          Steeplechaser Melissa Rollison claims the former coach, distance running legend Said Aouita, suggested she take human growth hormone. Rollison's claims support Victorian runner Mark Fountain, who initially made drug allegations against Aouita in 2004 in a letter to the Australian Sports Commission (ASC). Aouita's two-year reign as Australia's distance running coach ended the same year and the Moroccan Olympic 5000 metre champion has not returned to Australia since. The 2004 claims were investigated by the ASC, Athletics Australia (AA) and the Australian Institute of Sport but Aouita was cleared of any doping links. AA chief executive Danny Corcoran said the latest Rollison allegations had been referred to the ASC for investigation. Corcoran said the claims were obviously a "heavy burden" on Rollison, but were "simply allegations which may be difficult to verify". He said the 2003-04 period was a "very disappointing time for the sport, irrespective of whether these allegations were to be proven". "This is a view found to be widely held by the athletics community," Corcoran said. Rollison said her 18 months as an athlete under Aouita were a nightmare, saying he recommended she take human growth hormone at a US training camp in 2003. "He talked about it every day," Rollison told the Herald Sun newspaper. "We had to go to America because that is where you get HGH. "I said right at the start that I wasn't interested and he was like 'everyone else is on it, so why wouldn't you want to do it?'

The Greatest of All Time

Roll eyes

bump

SMART Approach

Marcus - good ratio. I wish I could only eat a protein shake for supper. Wife likes a big meal so very difficult. My wife and mother in law also want pizza all the time. I bale out with a chicken sandwich with a frown Angry from them as they don't get why someone lean and fit needs to restrict their eating.
                After re-reading this post, I must say I have been very very unfair to my wife. Really not sure what I was thinking when posting. I actually shouldn't even bring her on here. I actually enjoy a bigger meal in the evening and pizza is my favorite food in world. I just can't eat it often if trying to stay lean and perform well, and I simply cannot eat just a few pieces. So, that is my problem not hers. Honestly, I have to usually get my wife and mother in law to eat supper, breakfast and all meals and actually feel a responsibility to this. She actually could care less what I eat. I think my gripe was that I am "usually" the one responsible for bringing home the supper, ordering, picking up or figuring out dinner. We rarely cook at home. So, to my wife and mother in law, I am sorry and thank you for your support.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

When I was looking to lose the last few lbs of baby weight I had gained with the twins I still had some fruit (normally grapefruit) and a protein drink before bed. It didn't seem to hinder my weight loss.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

When I was looking to lose the last few lbs of baby weight I had gained with the twins I still had some fruit (normally grapefruit) and a protein drink before bed. It didn't seem to hinder my weight loss.
                    And who would argue with ultra abs like that?

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

The Greatest of All Time

After re-reading this post, I must say I have been very very unfair to my wife.
                      Todd did your wife read your post and smack you upside the head? Shocked