Sirius Portable Radios (Read 586 times)

Has anyone used any of the Sirius Portable Radios while running? Please share you thoughts and experiences...... Shocked
    sdewan

2010 Goofy Trainee

I love using my Stiletto 100 while running. When I first got it, I would listen to live satellite broadcasts while running, which meant wearing the "antenna" headphones to pick up the satellite signal. This worked OK, but you have to know that those headphones are not the most comfortable things in the world, and if you run a route with lots of tree cover or tall buildings, the reception will not be consistent. Still, it's a great option to tune in to your favorite team's game while taking an afternoon run. More recently I've been listening to recorded content. The Stiletto has a great feature that automatically records songs from a channel if you've been listening for more than 15 minutes. So you drive around listening normally, and in the background a buffer of your favorite channel is being created. The next time you go running, you can just play back that buffer, wearing your own comfortable headphones, and not have to worry about reception. Plus the battery life is much longer. I also record the Howard Stern show starting at 3AM Pacific Time. Then as I go for my 5AM run, I can play back the show from the beginning. The great advantage of this over an IPOD is that your content is always fresh without having to upload new songs. All in all I'm very satisfied. My only issue is the battery. I've learned not to leave a fully charge battery in the car overnight, because in the cold weather it will not have enough power to even start up the Stiletto. So I keep the radio inside if I'm running the next morning, and I start it up while it's still in the docking station. Then it will work fine even on a 35 degree morning. (But that's as cold as it gets where I live).

Turn off your mind, relax, and float downstream...

My legs are killing me

I really like mine. The downside would be the headphones and the reception going in and out sometimes but the upside is all the different programming you have access to, plus an MP3 player. Between my Garmin 205 and the Sirius, I'm hooked up to more satellites than ESPN.
        denisepranza

I started running about six months ago. I run with my sirius and the only bother is my headphones but I don't lke ANY headphone because my ears hurt after about 30 minutes...but I LOVE THE PROGRAMMING and if you record stuff that is the best fix for the headphone issue people have