Need new lunch snack! (Read 1070 times)

The Greatest of All Time

After Trent's recent post about steel cut oatmeal, I finally got around to buying some today. They look very different from Quaker Oats, so it will be interesting to see what they taste like.
    That's exactly why I didn't buy them (sorry T). But I did buy some oragnic oats that cook up real nice. Throw some Kashi Go Lean Crunch on them, add milk and it's heaven on Earth.
    all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Dude, do I have to come up to Chicago and cook you some steel cut oats myself? Wink
        Steel cut are so much better than regular. Nutty, rich. Mmmm. They just take longer to cook is all. Pretzels are a good snack. Pretzels w/out crap in them. Mine just have water, flour, salt, soda, yeast. (Hmm: Similar to beer.) I excised potato chips from my life so long ago. Probably like two decades, w/ few lapses. I do loves me some tortilla chips (generally, the "healthy" kind, ie whole grain, or w/flax seed, etc.) And I eat fries occasionally.
        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

How did you cook them oats?
            You asking me? I just follow the direx on the McCann's Steel Cut Irish oats can. Top with butter, maple syrup and berries. Mmmmm.

A Saucy Wench

I'd still have the chips every once in a while...if you really like chips, but I also understand wanting better food. And I agree...if you are losing 2 lbs/week, there is no need to deprive yourself further! Personal recommendations...try variety for awhile. Yyou said the chips are 150 cals. Try a bunch of 150 cal things and see if there is one you like better than the others. Or rotate through...after all, the best way to ensure good nutrition is to eat a variety of foods. apple & cottage cheese veggies and nut butter veggies and hummus crackers and lowcal cheese small portion of nuts or trail mix (I love the wasabi almonds..yum!) mix it up! and have the chips every once in awhile. I like smart foods tortilla chips...they have less fat than normal chips, but arent cardboard like baked chips. Add fresh salsa and you get a veggie serving. You mentioned you love breakfast.... maybe there is a breakfast food you could add as a snack. Whole grain waffle with some fruit etc. Use your imagination!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Giant Flaming Dork

I'd still have the chips every once in a while...if you really like chips, but I also understand wanting better food. You mentioned you love breakfast.... maybe there is a breakfast food you could add as a snack. Whole grain waffle with some fruit etc. Use your imagination!
                Oooo! What a great suggestion! Thanks!

http://xkcd.com/621/