track & field world championships (Read 132 times)

Anyone watching? I didn't see a thread, so thought I'd stat one. Currently watching 20km racewalking. Looks brutally hot. Which, perhaps, explains why the stadium is freaking empty??

Also: Mo!

SubDood

Anyone watching? I didn't see a thread, so thought I'd stat one. Currently watching 20km racewalking. Looks brutally hot. Which, perhaps, explains why the stadium is freaking empty??

Also: Mo!

Can't find it on TV here. The heat might explain the empty stadium ... did you say the event was racewalking?

mikeymike

Of course the 20km race walk could also explain the empty stadium ...

Runners run

Can't find it on TV here. The heat might explain the empty stadium ... did you say the event was racewalking?

Well, yeah, but other stuff is going on at the same time. Decathlon, for instance! Looks to be filling up now, anyway - the men's 100m qualifying heats start soon.

Can you watch it on Universal Sports? Women's 10,000 is on tonight, and of course the Usain Bolt Show...

Kalsarikännit

Watching the women's 10,000 on NBC. It was just revealed that Japan's Niiya has a pre-race ritual of watching animals give birth.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Julia1971

Watching the women's 10,000 on NBC. It was just revealed that Japan's Niiya has a pre-race ritual of watching animals give birth.

That sounds much more interesting than my pre-race rituals.  I want more details.

mikeymike

Gutsy effort by Nick Symmonds. Silver medal at WC's is pretty damn good.

Runners run

DaBurger

Know thyself.