German marathons sound fun (Read 774 times)

Dog-Love

I am visiting my family in Germany next year and was looking for a race (maybe a marathon) in July. The one that sounds the best (Konigsschllosser-Romantik Marathon) has this question listed FIRST under FAQ "Wann und wo ist die Nudelparty? Am Samstag, den 27. Juli. 2008 ab 17.00 - 20.00 Uhr im Festzelt an der Kemptener Straße" This sounds fun!
    Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Imminent Catastrophe

Wann und wo ist die Bierparty?

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Scout7

Uhh.....it's a German spaghetti dinner......
          Yeah - no nudes, probably just noodles.
            Only German marathon I've heard of was in Berlin... or maybe it was Munich. Couple from Seattle living in Lativia who I met in Zürich told me about it. Not sure how we got on the subject of running... Only races I ever saw publicized in Europe were 7k and 14k races.

Vim

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Wann und wo ist die Bierparty?
              Yeah, that!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Dog-Love

I'd rather go to a pre-race noodle party than a pre-race spaghetti feed. Sounds more festive.
                Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Along for the Ride

The Germans know how to throw a Nudelparty! Jawohl! How do I know? I am one of them Cool Mhhhm, beer... Crabby, that is a beautiful location to run! Very scenic.

Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

Dog-Love

Well if you're in Deutschland ....let's do it! My daughter said she will run the 10K around one castle. There is another marathon closer to Düsseldorf but it doesn't have a nudelparty
                      I might do one in July, as well. I've always wanted to do either the full or the half for this race: http://www.fichtelgebirgsmarathon.de/ it is small, rural, looks nice, and is where my family name is from.