"I mean, seriously, how often do you really look at a mans shoes?" (Read 412 times)

L Train

xhristopher

I just came across these.  Look decent.

They look pretty cozy fore sure.

Serious question. For the last couple years I've just worn running shoes about 99% of the time except when I'm at home barefoot. All those running shoes tended to have a 9-11mm heel toe drop so would jumping into a "barefoot" shoe (assuming 0 drop) like this and doing lots of walking (public transit commuting, etc...) potentially throw things out of whack given:

I think one idea is that a large heel drop means a thicker heel = more heel strike. Also, it leads to chronically shortened Achilles / calves. 

Or vice versa... (minimal to something like those Rockport Oxford Wingtips upthread.)

Really, not obsessing, just trying to get a better understanding of the bigger picture.

They look pretty cozy fore sure.

Serious question. For the last couple years I've just worn running shoes about 99% of the time except when I'm at home barefoot. All those running shoes tended to have a 9-11mm heel toe drop so would jumping into a "barefoot" shoe (assuming 0 drop) like this and doing lots of walking (public transit commuting, etc...) potentially throw things out of whack given:

Or vice versa... (minimal to something like those Rockport Oxford Wingtips upthread.)

Really, not obsessing, just trying to get a better understanding of the bigger picture.

A guy who wrote a review of these shoes said,

If you are just jumping into minimalist shoes of any kind without any break in period for your legs, you might experience some soreness, even if it just for wearing them for 8 hours a day around the cubical. You'll definitely want to ease into things if you don't already use minimalist shoes for running or regular casual wear.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

xhristopher

A guy who wrote a review of these shoes said,

If you are just jumping into minimalist shoes of any kind without any break in period for your legs, you might experience some soreness, even if it just for wearing them for 8 hours a day around the cubical. You'll definitely want to ease into things if you don't already use minimalist shoes for running or regular casual wear.

So my gut was kinda right. I wonder how often we as runners change something that affects running. It's all connected.

#artbydmcbride

I go from these

to a running shoe each evening...

Runners run

I go from these

I understand that L Train does the reverse.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

L Train

I understand that L Train does the reverse.

those texted pictures weren't meant for you.  Sorry about that.

xhristopher

I go from these

What the hell am I fussing about???

You could put an eye out with those things.

xhristopher

Does the TSA ban these yet?

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Does the TSA ban these yet?

I think so, if they have more than 3oz of fluid in them.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

I go from these

How you doin'?

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau