First +50 mile week (Read 1130 times)

Slow-smooth-fast

Just got back from run and it has taken me over 50 miles this week with still one more running day of the week to go, but Im resting tommorrow. Aiming for 55 next week.

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

Very nice! I'm becoming a firm believer that, simpley, more miles = better runner.
      2009: BQ?

I think that my ability to get into halfway decent shape in 2 or 3 weeks after a layoff has a lot to do with the 85-115 mile weeks that I used to run in college. Can't run that sort of mileage now without getting hurt though; it's so much easier when running is your "job" and you don't have other responsibilities besides classes (that are scheduled around your running...)

Run to Win
        25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Another Passion

WTG, Eddy!

Rick
          "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
          "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
          runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

50 MPW = 200 MPM Big grin Keep it up!
              Nice job Eddy!

Michelle

Great job! I can't wait to reach such a milestone
                keep running!
                twoodcc

congrats and keep it going! Cool

Slow-smooth-fast

I lied, it went to 67 miles.

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

Great Job. I'm surprised you haven't done a half marathon or marathon, yet.

Vim

Slow-smooth-fast

just building my base, then who knows. I hope all this training eventually translates into a faster 10k time.

just building my base, then who knows. I hope all this training eventually translates into a faster 10k time.
                          It will, don't worry.
                          Mishka-old log

Eddy...awesome. You're kicking ass.

Slow-smooth-fast

It will, don't worry.
                              I wish I was at your sort of pace, looking at your log, this is where I want to be by the end of 2008.