Disney Runners? (Read 819 times)

Ball of Fury

I agree with Eric...1/2 bibs probably start at 40,000 and you will absolutely be in A.  I believe the corrals go through G or H and for the 1/2 there are about 3000-3500 per corral, with around 2500 for the full.  As far as my 10K time, I am not sure if it will move me up or not but it can't hurt to ask.  Last year, DH took his 10K to the Expo and it was a good 10 minutes slower than mine, yet they put him in Corral A.  This was for the Marathon Relay, though, so I don't know if it will be the same for just the full.  However, I think I used a 1/2 time of 1:57 when I registered and that got me just 160 places out of Corral A (if our estimates are correct) so it is possible I will make it to A.  If not, it's not really that big of a deal because I the crowd might be good for me since I tend to go out too fast and I really don't want to do that for my first marathon.

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Ball of Fury

They put out the list of Corrals this morning.

http://as1.wdpromedia.com/media/rundisney/disneyworld-marathon/2013/2013-wdw-CorralAssignmentsHalf.pdf

http://as1.wdpromedia.com/media/rundisney/disneyworld-marathon/2013/2013-wdw-CorralAssignmentsMarathon.pdf

http://as1.wdpromedia.com/media/rundisney/disneyworld-marathon/2013/2013-wdw-CorralAssignmentsGoofy.pdf

xhristopher

They put out the list of Corrals this morning.

Cool! This tells me what I want to know.

The A corral (Bibs 40051-42045) will have 1994 people assigned to it (upgrades excluded). Therefore, in theory, the race start will be no different than the two half I ran this fall. I'm cool with that.

Anyone know where elevation profiles can be found? Anyone have a RA GPS map? (Eric, I already checked your log.) I assume it's flat but want to think about the details. All I find are maps indicating disney landmarks. If I run my race I'll hardly notice or care.

Ball of Fury

Try this blog...has a good description of course.

http://disneyrunningtoday.com/DisneyRunningToday/Blog/Entries/2011/11/24_Entry_1.html

xhristopher

Try this blog...has a good description of course.

http://disneyrunningtoday.com/DisneyRunningToday/Blog/Entries/2011/11/24_Entry_1.html

Cool. I'll have to take some time later to read and digest. 

I found this map here on RA by trying some different search angles. I know it's flat but the map seems artificially flat for most of it. I know of a couple bridges or underpasses already and assume that's the extent of the elevation changes.

Anybody have the weather forcast yet? 

Ball of Fury

Really the only "hills" are the overpasses and then there is a tunnel you go under as you enter the Magic Kingdom that people sometimes complain about.  I consider any run at Disney to be super flat but when we ran the Tower of Terror in September, many runners kept complaining that the course was "hilly!"  I suppose it's all relative.

Anyone know where elevation profiles can be found? Anyone have a RA GPS map? (Eric, I already checked your log.) I assume it's flat but want to think about the details. All I find are maps indicating disney landmarks. If I run my race I'll hardly notice or care.

Chris, You won't really notice any "hills" assuming you run hills around here. Like AmiK said it's just the overpasses and tunnel...i think the last overpass/hill was around mile 10ish when I ran it..not sure if the HM course has changed since 2011

Cool! This tells me what I want to know.

The A corral (Bibs 40051-42045) will have 1994 people assigned to it (upgrades excluded). Therefore, in theory, the race start will be no different than the two half I ran this fall. I'm cool with that.

Chris, you will also have around another 1400 runners doing the Goofy Challenege in corral A

xhristopher

Chris, You won't really notice any "hills" assuming you run hills around here. Like AmiK said it's just the overpasses and tunnel...i think the last overpass/hill was around mile 10ish when I ran it..not sure if the HM course has changed since 2011

Yeah, that's what I figure. I'm just over sweating the details and passing up holiday cookies, third beers, etc... to eek out every last second. 

xhristopher

Chris, you will also have around another 1400 runners doing the Goofy Challenege in corral A

Man, you folks doing (having done) the Goofy are much, much bigger gluttons for punishment than me. I didn't want to even consider the full. I've got this whole thing planned to get the run out of the way and then enjoy myself with the family for a few days while not being entirely beat up.

Docket_Rocket

Ahem, I run in flat Miami (as in ZERO elevation) and have run the Goofy and there are no hills.  One tiny elevation change but it's flat according to the rest of the world.

I printed my bib. 22434

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Ball of Fury

In case anyone is here is a huge NSYNC fan, just read that Joey Fatone is taking his wife's Goofy entry because she is injured...so not only do we get to run with a hobbit, we now have a boy bander as well!

xhristopher

FYI ... Orlando weather this weekend:

Friday - partly cloudy, high 80F, rain 10%
                            Saturday - partly cloudy, high 79F, rain 10%
                            Sunday - partly cloudy, high 79F, rain 10%
                            Monday - partly cloudy, high 79F, rain 10%

Race Time Saturday: 62, partly cloudy, wind 3mph, rain 10%

Race Time Sunday: 61, partly cloudy, wind 4mph, rain 10%

The weather looks good. Let's not screw this up.

Top Tip: Visit the Magic Kingdom before your race since they don't serve booze. This way you can always have a drink in hand after your race at places like Epcot or the Animal Kingdom.

61-62 doesn't sound too bad, unless you've been training sub 32. This is why I generally think it's a bad idea to travel south to run a marathon... for those of us that wither in warm weather.

FYI ... Orlando weather this weekend:

Friday - partly cloudy, high 80F, rain 10%
                              Saturday - partly cloudy, high 79F, rain 10%
                              Sunday - partly cloudy, high 79F, rain 10%
                              Monday - partly cloudy, high 79F, rain 10%

Race Time Saturday: 62, partly cloudy, wind 3mph, rain 10%

Race Time Sunday: 61, partly cloudy, wind 4mph, rain 10%

The weather looks good. Let's not screw this up.

Top Tip: Visit the Magic Kingdom before your race since they don't serve booze. This way you can always have a drink in hand after your race at places like Epcot or the Animal Kingdom.

xhristopher

61-62 doesn't sound too bad, unless you've been training sub 32. This is why I generally think it's a bad idea to travel south to run a marathon... for those of us that wither in warm weather.

Hmmm... good point.

Are you trying to mess with my head now? Rather than run every run outside I should have been on a treadmill in those temps??? Aaaaargh!!