Yeah, so okay. (Read 1496 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Windows 8 does look pretty cool.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

But has it done a marathon?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

...and you're using the decade-old XP at work.  Expect to ever get your hands on Win 8?

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

an amazing likeness

The OS is (more and more) irrelevant.  You want a browser, some shallow-water 'apps' that you skim for 'hit me' content, and the deep, blue-water applications that are core to your value services.

The mistake it looks like Win8, and may other OS, are heading towards is assuming that we want the same UI on all devices.  I do not.  I want a different experience between smartphone (finger tip), tablet (swipe and gesture), and deep immersion (mouse, voice, keyboard) devices.

Just my opinion, and I realize it is contrary to most of the cool kids'.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

mikeymike

This is just Bill Gates making sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we're gonna be secure and we're gonna be free!

Runners run

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

This is just Bill Gates making sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we're gonna be secure and we're gonna be free!

Boston people are always on the cutting edge of the British need to be warned about them.

xor

So the Gates foundation's new complex is almost completed (they've spent almost 2 years building it)... about 5 blocks from my apartment, across the street from the Experience Music Project (Paul Allen's pet project).  Would you like me to go down there and see if they have bells?  And if so, should I ring them?

BTW, based on his recent book, Paul Allen is really pissed at Bill.  Hmm.

As for Windows looking pretty cool... um... well... remember when [content deleted by Borg]

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

...and you're using the decade-old XP at work.  Expect to ever get your hands on Win 8?

Yeah, my choice, not my employer's.  I have rejected everything PC that has come since.  Mac, however, has the latest.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

The OS is (more and more) irrelevant.  You want a browser, some shallow-water 'apps' that you skim for 'hit me' content, and the deep, blue-water applications that are core to your value services.

Well, except when the internet is unavailable.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

You misunderstand. It is never unavailable. It is just sometimes very slow.

(This is like the "There is no DC, just very slow AC" thesis)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Most of the time, there is no internet once the airplane doors close.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Airplanes have high impedance, causing significant delay in the internet.

an amazing likeness

Where did I even mention the internet ?   Believe me, living in where I do, I understand the concept of no internet, or sloooowww internet as the two options.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.