I'm bored, tell me something I don't know (Read 1124 times)

Grapestaint

Stupid.

MoBramExam

Country music's Lefty Frizzell was right-handed.

Feeling the growl again

When your DNA replicates, it is the DNMT1 enzyme which maintains the epigenetic programming of the cell by copying the methylation signature of the parent strand to the daughter strand.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

BeeRunB

When your DNA replicates, it is the DNMT1 enzyme which maintains the epigenetic programming of the cell by copying the methylation signature of the parent strand to the daughter strand.

Show-off.Cool

Why do they call it the "daughter" strand and not the "son" strand?

Crazy Q

Net Neaderthal & Escapee

400 hz electrical current is used in some applications as it's sine wave causes less noise and artifacts in circuitry.

Full wave rectifing bridges also produce DC current with lower impulses due to this.

Consumer electronics don't require this purity of power.

Wot? Run? I thought they said Rum!

Neil Young played with Rick James in a band called "The Mynah Birds."

Neil Young played with Rick James in a band called "The Mynah Birds."

True story! And there really was a Cinnamon Girl. Neil met her on the street--she asked him out.
                Grapestaint

hateful comment
                  LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

When milk goes bad, it turns thick and seems to try to solidify.

When lettuce and potatoes go bad, they turn to liquid.

Put lettuce and potatoes in a jar.  Cover with milk.  Keep at room temperature for three weeks.  You won't have what you started out with.

xor

I will have to try that.

My jar is currently filled with moonbeams.

BeeRunB

If you push down the sustaining pedal on a piano and play one C key (like middle C), all the other C strings in the piano will also vibrate. Works with the other notes as well.

Buelligan

The band Bruce Springsteen was in when he was 19 was invited to play at Woodstock but they had a prior commitment on the Jersey Shore that weekend.  They didn't want to get a reputation for missing gigs so they didn't go.  The name of the band was "Child."

aponi

never runs the tangents

The Poisson Distribution is used to predict relatively rare events and was based on the number of Prussian Army officers killed by mule kicks.

“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!” Doctor Who

Feeling the growl again

The Poisson Distribution is used to predict relatively rare events and was based on the number of Prussian Army officers killed by mule kicks.

Going to have to call BS on that one.  Smile

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Polterabend is a German wedding custom in which the guests break porcelain on the night before the wedding to bring good luck.  There are items other than dishes made of porcelain, such as toilets.