I Would Like to Publicly Apologize . . . (Read 508 times)

Walk-Jogger

. . . to the steer that gave it's life to make that most excellent sirloin steak that I just had for dinner; but damn it was good! And I give thanks to Lagunitas, for making the 22-oz bottle of Hop Stoopid, which has made me even  more stupid than usual, but again, yum . . .

That is all; carry on.

Retired &  Loving It

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hop Stoopid bombers are one of the best. things. ever!!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Lagunitas. Meh. I don't get the love.

Why is it sideways?

Beer snob alert.

Hadn't heard of it yet + will have to try it.     Will add "Hop Stoopid" to my wife's grocery list.  Wonder how long it will take her to find it.

Edited:  Hopefully she doesn't misinterpret...

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

Edited:  Hopefully she doesn't misinterpret...

Ha, reminds me of when I wrote "shady mayonnaise" under the lsast item my buddy's mom's grocery list ("seedy mustard") that was hanging on their refrigerator because I thought it was funny. She came home and told his she spent 20 minutes looking for it. Then I felt bad.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
              We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

Kalsarikännit

Lagunitas. Meh. I don't get the love.

+1. And I'm sad because they are building their second brewery near me. I wish I liked them more.

I'd like to apologize to the soybeans that I murdered for my wonderful tree-hugging, hippy-assed, veggie burger last night.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yah, snob here.

But it ain't snobbery that makes me dislike Lagunitas. Snobbery is what makes me giggle when people drink a basic Sam Adams as if it were still a craft beer. With Lagunitas, it just tastes nasty.

Walk-Jogger

Yah, snob here.

But it ain't snobbery that makes me dislike Lagunitas. Snobbery is what makes me giggle when people drink a basic Sam Adams as if it were still a craft beer. With Lagunitas, it just tastes nasty.

You have to get a fresh one - I've had them new and fresh, and I've had them old and nasty, and there's no comparison, the stale old bottles are skanky and nasty. Too bad they don't put the brew date on the bottle; it's always a gamble when buying it from Safeway.

Retired &  Loving It

not a big drinker but occassionally have a beer or something else.    but I did brew a batch with a friend of mine.  my first attempt but my friend has lots of experience at it.  bottled it last week & will be ready to drink tomorrow.  actually kind of excited about it.  will throw a few in the fridge in morning & try later.   will be giving most of it away to friends.  tasted it when bottling & was actually not to bad.  should be better tomorrow.       very hoppy  IPA  5-6 %

Snobbery is what makes me giggle when people drink a basic Sam Adams as if it were still a craft beer.

How do you drink a beer as if it were still a craft beer? Is there a technique to tipping the glass or how you pour it in your mouth with craft beer that is different with non-craft beer?

Runners run

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

oops

Kalsarikännit

Beer snob alert.

You don’t need to know what the hell you’re talking about.

The fact of the matter is, no one really knows how to tell a good beer from a bad one. The prestigious Beerophile Digest, for example, will declare McChumley’s Mauled Herring Ale to be “a delightful triumph of art and nature right up there with the pulsating shower head” while the brash Xtreme Brewski Review will assert the same ale to be “the sort of crap drank by hoity-toities who take lots of showers and stuff.”

http://drunkard.com/issues/01-05/0105-beer-snobbery.htm

(Linking by iPhone.  I know it's ugly.)

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

You have to get a fresh one 

I have. Just not beers that are to my taste.