New Year's Goals (Read 732 times)

I guess my goals are pretty simple: 1. Run healthy, no injuries. 2. Manage to train for Flying Pig and Chicago in the midst of full-time work schedule and nursing clnicals! 3. Improve on speed just a bit.
    sabershooter

This topic reminds me that the gym and track will be busy the next few weeks with the influx of the New Year's resolution crowd. It is short-lived though. Having said that, it was a resolution that started me back running 01/01/05. My goal for this year is to keep it going and not fade away. Other goals include staying injury free, and having more of those "perfect" runs like the other night when the runner's high seemed twice as powerful as usual, and I felt like I was jacked up on crack or something. I have yet to learn exactly what makes me have one of those types of runs.

Why is it sideways?

In order of priority: 1) Stay injury free. 2) Attain comfort and consistency at 60-70 mpw. 3) Become friends with the track again. 4) Sub 4:00 at the Stumpjump 50k in October. 5) 15:45 road 5k. 6) Finish my dissertation! Good luck to all!
          Run 3 marathons this year while losing 15 pounds, and improving short and long distance paces.
          Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

In no particular order... • lose weight so that I can run faster (and not jiggle so much while doing so) • race at least one each of the following: 10k, 15k, 25k, 10 mile, HM • get to the bottom of my chronic/recurrent pains and make them be gone! • beat my current 10k, 10 mile, and HM PRs...kick ass in my first 15 and 25ks. • keep in front of that 1000 mile pace bunny

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Prophet!

my goal is to bring sexy back Big grin and like jeff the philosopher...finish my dissertation... sub 4 hr marathon by December
                Sub 20 minute 5 K Complete my first 1/2 and full marathons Log > 1500 miles
                  Run consistently Run 1,000 miles 1 1/2 marathon and hopefully a full in the fall (contingent on better half and work) Strength and flexibility training
                  Cincinnati Flying Pig May 4

madness baby

Here are my goals: - continue to enjoy running and appreciate being healthy - do my first half marathon - train for the LA marathon and still finish my dissertation (these go together, trust me) - actually run the LA marathon - run with my husband at least 2 days/week
                    deb
                    Regina

My goals: Run healthy and without injuries; Enjoy running; Do some non-competitive races with my son and my daughter and my friends; 2500 km or more; 4-5 HMs - hopefully sub 2 hrs, at least one sub 1:57:00 ( sub 1:55:00 would be really great!!); Participate in Trofeo di Trieste (9 races, 3k - HM) and Trofeo di Gorizia (8 races, 3k - HM); Extend long runs to more than 30 km (prepare for a marathon in fall 2007 or spring 2008); Become faster; Beat my friend Marina in some races ...
                        - Run a marathon a month - Beginning with Disney on 1/7/07 and ending with Las Vegas on 12/9/07 - Log 2000+ miles - Remain injury free - Continue to appreciate my wife for her support in my passion. She will travel to all of my races this year and care for our 3 kids as we travel across the country. Couldn't do it without her. - Attempt to qualify for Boston at Chicago Marathon. Great topic. Good luck to all in their quest to accomplish their goals.
                        bas

- Become / stay injury free (I think the achilles tendon injury is almost gone now... Hope it stays away in 2007!) - Run a 30K race in february - Run a marathon - PR on 10K and 5K - Run at least 1609.344 kilometers in 2007 Smile bas

52° 21' North, 4° 52' East

To have fun. And enjoy more runs than not. Tongue
                            JakeKnight

In order of priority: 1) Stay injury free. 2) Attain comfort and consistency at 60-70 mpw. 3) Become friends with the track again. 4) Sub 4:00 at the Stumpjump 50k in October. 5) 15:45 road 5k. 6) Finish my dissertation! Good luck to all!
                              Hey Jeff: I'm considering making the Stump Jump my first ultra, if I'm still in this neck of the woods next fall. Have you done it before? It sounds like a lot more fun than finishing your dissertation.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                              -----------------------------

LydiaT

1. Run faster 2. Run farther 3. Qualify for Boston