RW Survey Questions - Set # 2 (Read 826 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You people sure pee a lot. Geez. That's why God made bushes, trees, and golf courses.
    Said by a runner who doesn't have to squat and bare all to do his bidness... Tongue k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Dog-Love

1) Before hitting the road, what do you do? 2) What is your favorite post-run ritual? 3) The ever popular bonus question: if you've ever lied to a boss, spouse, colleague or friend .... to get out of some obligation, so that you could go for a planned training run instead ... well, what was your best excuse? (Editor's note: Extra points awarded for creativity, gratuitous discussion of bodily functions, and really bold fibs.)
      Well...an hour before I run I usually drink some water and perhaps eat a tiny bit of my lunch....then when its time to go I dress and head out to a trailhead. I then decide if I wil do 4,5,6,7 miles. This is a joint decision of whoever shows up. My postrun ritual is hug my girlfriends (don't girls always hug???) and laugh at how much sweat we make (even in the winter) and talk about what an awesome run it was. Then we talk about where we want to meet next and then we stretch alot while we talk. These are social runs by the way. That's why we talk so much. I always lie to my colleagues who think I am insane for running all the time and so sometimes I tell them I am at a meeting so that I look good and academic. Professors have to keep up the image of being tied to their lab bench!!
      Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
        1. 20 minutes of Transcendental Meditation, pet my cat 2. A cup of Hot chocloate (even in the summer) - no pre-mixed hot chocolate, but straight cocoa, 2 tablespoons of sugar, and 8oz of skim milk zapped for 2 minutes. Mm, good! 3. Fortunately, I haven't needed to.
        JakeKnight

The answers: 1) Before hitting the road, what do you do? Stretch - 36% Listen to Music - 13% Watch the Weather Channel - 12% (ed's note: Dorks. Stick your head out a window) Search for your fuel belt - 9% Meditate - 2% 2) What is your favorite post-run ritual? Eating - 39% Taking a nap - 23% Taking an ice bath - 6% Getting a massage - 3% 3) The ever popular bonus question: if you've ever lied to a boss, spouse, colleague or friend .... to get out of some obligation, so that you could go for a planned training run instead ... well, what was your best excuse? (Editor's note: Extra points awarded for creativity, gratuitous discussion of bodily functions, and really bold fibs.) Okay, some of these are pretty funny. And useful! Actual excuses to get out of work or family obligations so that you can run instead: 10: I have diarrhea really bad! 9: Can't attend because my wife is ovulating. 8: I'm training for a marathon and God would understand - even if you don't. 7: I'm helping my son alphabetize his CD collection. 6: I just had a car accident. 5: I'm trying to keep my blood sugar under control. 4: My dog just went into cardiac arrest Surprised 3: I'm having sex with my wife! Shocked 2: They won't miss me anyway. Cry And the number one excuses runners use to get out of crap and go running - and it's a surprisingly versatile excuse adaptable to most life situations: 1: I'm TOO DRUNK! Big grin

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
          -----------------------------

bas

Before: Stretching a little, warming-up jog to a bridge nearby, use bridge railing to stretch some more. After: Stretch, shower, RA-log Lies: Lying about running? I could imagine myself lying about having run while I stayed at home, but the other way round..? Smile bas

52° 21' North, 4° 52' East

Slinky

1. Put on catsuit. 2. Take off catsuit. Fend off husband. 3. No lies necessary - once I've put on the catsuit people tend to let me do what I want.
              Scout7

1. Put on catsuit. 2. Take off catsuit. Fend off horny husband. 3. No lies necessary - once I've put on the catsuit people tend to let me do what I want.
                Uhhhh....uhhhhhh....... uhhhhh.......
                RunningHammer

1) Make sure my stopwatch says 0:00 Wink 2) Water - stretches - cup of tea - log results - shower 3) "I won't be long, i'm only going for a mile" (he says knowing damn well he'll be gone for over an hour. But it's not a lie as i'm only talking about the warm-up!)
                  JakeKnight

The answers just keep gettin' better ...

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                    -----------------------------

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

3. No lies necessary - once I've put on the catsuit people tend to let me do what I want.
                      I'd imagine that anyone could achieve the same result (getting out of their obligations) by putting on a cat suit Tongue

My dogs are fast, not me

1) Before hitting the road, what do you do? Outside of the popular bathroom break and getting dressed, I drink a cup of coffee, feed the dogs, and them get them settled back to bed before I leave the house. 2) What is your favorite post-run ritual? Logging my run, bragging about it to my husband. 3) The ever popular bonus question: if you've ever lied to a boss, spouse, colleague or friend .... to get out of some obligation, so that you could go for a planned training run instead ... well, what was your best excuse? (Editor's note: Extra points awarded for creativity, gratuitous discussion of bodily functions, and really bold fibs.) I sent my husband grocery shopping on his own saying I had some stuff to do around the house. My route is around the house.....

Robin