Badwater (Read 1252 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

Oh yea, she mentions that she did 6 200+ mpw during her training! That is insane!
    I just saw that. Unbelievable!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

uncontrollable

Ha, one day I'd love to do that. Maybe when I'm 47 :-) Anyone see the movie Running on the Sun ? It's a documentary about badwater and it is... badass!
      Yes - I bought it at the Boston Marathon Expo this year. I liked it. I don't know anyone (family or friends) who would sit through the whole thing. I refer to it when I'm doing a "long" run in this summer weather. I remind myself 'it could be tougher' & it helps me suck it up!

peace

Running on the ocean

For the 2nd time (2006 first time) I crewed and pace a running buddy of mine, Dan Marinsik, to his 6th consecutive Badwater finish. He did great missing his PR by 13 minutes finishing in 45:44:55. It was awesome but not as hot as we hoped. Jakob

You know when you're running a ultra marathon because the pain actually starts to hurt
        -- Jakob Herrmann
        my running achievements

JDF

Non-Stroller-Still Crazy

It was awesome but not as hot as we hoped.
          That is just a sick statement but I understand why badwater entrants feel that way.
          protoplasm72

Looks like Jamie has a blog. Cool

Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get. -- Homer Simpson

JDF

Non-Stroller-Still Crazy

JDF

Non-Stroller-Still Crazy

Here are some cool pictures that show how important it is to beat the heat! http://altitudeultrarunner.blogspot.com/2008/07/blog-post_30.html
                hmmm. I was reading Jamie's blog...had no idea Eric Meech was a pacer for her...he's a SD Lifeguard...works with my dh. small world. I'll have to chat with him at the next Lifeguard function... I saw him last month at a swim/run and he complained about his slow time (he still came in top 5 or 10) because he was training for an ultra and the training was a slower pace. Gundy posted a pic and this explanation (over at RW). I think it's an awesome pic...once you understand what he's doing, LOL. Originally posted by See Gundy Run: Lifesabeach- The avatar pic was taken 30 minutes before the start of this year's Badwater. I don't think the cropped version I used for the avatar pays it justice. I just went out to the salt flats to pray and one of my crew who is an awesome photographer snapped the shot. I didn't even know about the shot until after the race. I love the pic for how it captures the solitude and humility of that moment before the race. I also love how it shows how small I am in relation to those incredible mountain walls which hem you into the Valley. I think it represents what the race is all about, both in general as well as for me personally. Jonathan

Jennifer mm#1231

Dave

She's also got a video of her victory here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE7l3J6I_DQ I was surfing, delaying my run because my feet hurt. Time to HTFU and run. She's amazing.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com