Lost Map (Read 601 times)

I made a map and saved it, then realized I didn't want it public. So, I went back to make it private, and quickly checked "Private Map." I then quickly clicked save and there was no symbol next to my map, so I clicked on it and it was gone. Is there any way to get it back or did I just click too fast and not let the map load?

Hi.

eric :)

dertswa687o, What is the name of the map? I can take a look and see what's going on. I looked through the code last night and the only way for it to drop the map is if the browser didn't send it back. But I don't understand how it won't be sent back, even if you click really quickly. Perhaps by examining your log will help me troubleshoot the issue. eric :-)
        The name of the map was the "Woodland Springs" map.

Hi.

eric :)

When you edit a course, the map data is included as part of the page. When you click save, the map is updated if it's changed. I don't know that this is even possible, but it looks like the map data wasn't returned by your browser, which the server thought meant you erased your map and the server in turn deleted it. I'm sorry to say that your map is lost. I tried to replicate the problem many times but never got it to happen so I'm not sure what went wrong. eric :-)