Raw nipples! (Read 261 times)

Latent Runner

I'm pretty hairy and as cookiemonster says, when you use the Clear Spots, you just push the hair out of the way and attach the Band-Aid directly to the skin.

Fat old man PRs:

• 1-mile (point to point, gravity assist): 5:50
    • 2-mile: 13:49
    • 5K (gravity assist last mile): 21:31
    • 5-Mile: 37:24
    • 10K (first 10K of my Half Marathon): 48:16
    • 10-Mile (first 10 miles of my Half Marathon): 1:17:40
    • Half Marathon: 1:42:13
    flauta

OK, I am a guy and when I go on my long runs - 12+ miles, my nipples get super raw and bleed like crazy.

I use astro glide (whatever the deodorant stick looking stuff is called) and cake it on before running, but it seems to wear off.  I live in SC so it is humid as hell and I get drenched.  I wear sweat wicking running shirts.  But it still happens.  Tried bandaids on the nips, but I have a hairy chest and they don't really work.

Is there anything out there (clothing, etc.) that helps prevent this?

Dr. Scholls Corn Cushions - work great and have lots of adhesive so stay on

http://www.drscholls.com/Products/CornCushions

bhearn

These will stay on through a 100 miler for me, and my chest is pretty hairy.

http://www.zombierunner.com/store/brands/nipguards/product144.html

MTA the shirt also makes a big difference. One singlet I have absolutely never, ever chafes -- but it's been discontinued, and all my others do if it's hot and humid enough, dammit.

Latent Runner

My wife once suggested a Sports Bra.  Smile

Fat old man PRs:

• 1-mile (point to point, gravity assist): 5:50
          • 2-mile: 13:49
          • 5K (gravity assist last mile): 21:31
          • 5-Mile: 37:24
          • 10K (first 10K of my Half Marathon): 48:16
          • 10-Mile (first 10 miles of my Half Marathon): 1:17:40
          • Half Marathon: 1:42:13

Runners run

Just a dude.

This is what I use: http://www.newskinproducts.com/en/Products.aspx

The liquid bandage stuff...

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

I have tried many different remedies before sampling this at a race expo last fall:

http://drygoods.com/

It's a spray powder that works really well.  The key is to hold the can about ten inches away from your body and spray in short bursts.  It is supposed to be dry but will go on wet at first.  It has worked for me.  Don't discount the effect your shirts might be having either.  Moisture-wicking shirts are not all created equal.

As for raw nipples, I prefer mine grilled with a squirt of lime.

Yeah, well...sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

Super tight shirts (like the cycle douches wear) also seem to prevent chafing.

Funny, that's what we call them too.

Mpls Laker

Northstar Running

This is what I use: http://www.newskinproducts.com/en/Products.aspx

The liquid bandage stuff...

-Kelly

I use this as well. Try to avoid getting it on your chest hairs because the stuff is so durable I have actually shredded shirts with coated chest hairs. Just a light little dab on the end of the nip is incredibly effective as long as you give it a little time to dry before you put on a shirt. As Kelly mentioned, iI will stay on through showers and everything, so I prefer to peel of the old layer while showering because it will actually start to build up and get rough edges. Plus little jar lasts a long time. It also does not hurt to peel off like duct tape or a well stuck bandage.

Thanks all, I especially like the cycle douches comment!

Looks like I'll try a few things - the bandaids and sticky tape just seem to peel off and cause more hassle than anything.  I think I'll try the nuskin and look at some different shirts (or none at all)

Thanks again

Don't carry 10,000 songs in your hand...protect them...

The "stiff" one works best for me...

some call me Tim

I use 2toms sport shield roll on and haven't had a problem.. can't speak to ultra distance and different materials (and decals!) can make a huge difference.

Otoh, you can make the best of it and start a club. We've been growing by leaps and bounds lately!

BNAC logo

Nice, love the shirt.  Hate to sound stupid, but what does BNAC stand for?

Don't carry 10,000 songs in your hand...protect them...

The "stiff" one works best for me...

Just a dude.

Nice, love the shirt.  Hate to sound stupid, but what does BNAC stand for?

Just a guess: Bloody Nipple Athletic Club?

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

an amazing likeness

Interesting...we've covered both raw milk and raw nipples this week.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.