Max HR (Read 450 times)

So, since I spoiled myself with a Forerunner 305, I'd like to know what my Max HR is right now so maybe I can train with certain %'s and not overtrain, and whatnot. What is my best bet to get the most accurate heart rate for myself without using inaccurate formulas. Last night I did an 8 miler at an 8:10 pace. I was comfortable, breathing fine, carrying on conversation with my partner. My average was 169 bpm. My max got up to 191 at the end when I hit a sprint for a few strides, but I was still good. Any help would be great. Also, if anyone is a heart rate trainer person, I'd love some articles or information to help me out with it, because it interests me a bit...

My method for determining max heart rate involves hill repeats. Not for the faint of heart. Wink

Run to Win
      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

The Greatest of All Time

Go to a track and do a 1 mile warm up. Then run a mile full out as fast as you can. Sprint the last 100m as hard and fast as you can. Your max HR should get hit during the last 50 of that 100m. There are other ways to do it, but this will get you really darn close.
        all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
        jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I read somewhere that a good way to find it is to an 800m all out, rest 5 min, the do it again. Not for the faint of heart -- no wonder the last time I did it was during Clinton's first term.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.