Accomplishment & Question (Read 759 times)

Cntrygal

WOOHOO!! I ran for 31 minutes this morning (no walking) - the best I had done a couple weeks ago was 24 minutes! WOOHOOO!!!! Now on to my question, (math is NOT my strong subject).... The track I was running on is 1/6 of a mile. So 15 laps is 2.5 miles..... HOW do I figure out 17 laps? If I had known I was at 17, I would have pushed 18 just so to prevent dealing with math. LOL

You'll ruin your knees!

My "calculations" suggest 17 laps of 1/6th mile would be a run of 2.833333333333333333 (etc.) miles. To get this, the math is (1/6)*17 or one divided by six times 17. Congrats on the improvement! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Scout7

It's approximately 2.83-2.84 miles. 17/6 = 2.8333333333.....
        Wingz

Professional Noob

I was going to answer that but Lynn and Scout7 beat me to it! Congrats! You're really getting there! Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

Cntrygal

Thanks everyone!!! I never imagined that I would be having fun running - or that I would be thrilled to run for 31 minutes! LOL Some of my friends think I'm nuts. LOL!!!
              Congratulations. Your friends might be right. You could be nuts but, that's not a bad thing. In running it might actually be a benefit.

Now that was a bath...

Congrats on the improvement in distance! It's those realizations that spark you onwards and make you feel good about your 'insane' decision to become a runner. Claire xxx
              • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
              • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Congratulations. Your friends might be right. You could be nuts but, that's not a bad thing. In running it might actually be a benefit.
                  Yep...around here *nuts* is a GOOD thing! Welcome! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

va

...I never imagined that I would be having fun running - or that I would be thrilled to run for 31 minutes! LOL Some of my friends think I'm nuts. LOL!!!
                    Way to go Country Gal! Welcome to the nut-house! Big grin
                    Cntrygal

Thanks again everyone! I'm still thrilled! This is a great way to end 2006. Last week I had my fastest mile time (8:55), and this week my longest run time with no walking! Today was strength training - so I "warmed up" with an easy mile first. Shocked I can't believe that not only is a mile my "easy" warm up, but I look forward to it! Tomorrow I have intervals on my schedule... Undecided
                      mbk

WOOHOO!! HOW do I figure out 17 laps?
                        You already got your answer, but for future reference here is a really cool and helpful track calculator that can calculate distance for different lanes based on the length and style of the track. Good work on the run! Cool
                        Cntrygal

You already got your answer, but for future reference here is a really cool and helpful track calculator that can calculate distance for different lanes based on the length and style of the track. Good work on the run! Cool
                          Did I miss a link??? Confused