exciting invitation! (Read 2188 times)

BeeRunB

But I've been here for several years.

If you were a Borg, you would have said "but WE'VE been here for several years." It's a collective, man. Oh, wait, unless of course you've been hanging with LeVar Burton and he brought out the Hugh in you:

If so, then I believe you. Now back to pressing my Klingon uniform.

Cool

running yogi

what surprises me is what took Active Jane so long ?

xor

what surprises me is what took Active Jane so long ?

Bad internet connectivity in the jungle.

Welcome to the Jungle.

Queen of 3rd Place

I got an email from Jane a few days ago that said Active is taking me off their email list since I have not communicated with them for such a long time.  I felt very honored to be recognized as a non-participant. 

This happened to me and I was thrilled!  Then they just kept right on spamming me anyway.

Ex runner

I got an email from Jane a few days ago that said Active is taking me off their email list since I have not communicated with them for such a long time.  I felt very honored to be recognized as a non-participant. 

I'm still waiting.  I haven't posted on Cool Running for years.  Nor have I used Active to sign up for anything since 2005.  Wonder what their criteria is.

Jeff

xor

I'm still waiting.  I haven't posted on Cool Running for years.  Nor have I used Active to sign up for anything since 2005.  Wonder what their criteria is.

I have no idea what the criteria are, but the whole extended network dealio that this thread is about... that's perhaps salient.  I'd be willing to bet that you've touched something along the way that was associated with Active that you did not know was associated with Active.  And that was enough to reset your clock (or the little crystal in your palm.  As long as it doesn't blink red, they don't send you to Carousel).

I have no idea what the criteria are, but the whole extended network dealio that this thread is about... that's perhaps salient.  I'd be willing to bet that you've touched something along the way that was associated with Active that you did not know was associated with Active.  And that was enough to reset your clock (or the little crystal in your palm.  As long as it doesn't blink red, they don't send you to Carousel).

Wow.  Wonder how many people get the Logan's Run reference.  Nice!

Jeff

xor

I have wanted very much to create a Sandman uniform (dunno about a fake gun) and run a race in it, exclaiming RUNNER! at various people.

I haven't because I wasn't sure anyone would get it.  A Sandman uniform would also be hot.  But given that I'm still in 2 shirts in the 50s, I think I can handle it.

I have wanted very much to create a Sandman uniform (dunno about a fake gun) and run a race in it, exclaiming RUNNER! at various people.

I haven't because I wasn't sure anyone would get it.  A Sandman uniform would also be hot.  But given that I'm still in 2 shirts in the 50s, I think I can handle it.

That would be funny.  But, you're right.  Not many people would get it.  Probably no one under 30.  Or maybe 40.

Jeff

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Looky, looky...today must be my lucky day!  A whole 30 Day FREE Trial!!!  OMG, TGIF, indeed!!!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

my view... :)

My view was pretty awesome.

sean

Can someone help me out with these Schwaggle emails I am getting from Active.com?  I got one that lets me purchase 50% off the entry to the Harvard Pilgram 10k.  I can buy the half off entry for $20.  The race costs $40.

Am I reading this correctly that if I buy the half off entry for $20, that just gives me the chance to then enter for $20.  So I still pay a total of $40?

Or do I get to actually enter the race for $20?

Mind you, I'm not running the Harvard Pilgrim 10k either way, I'm just curious whether Active.com has truly gotten that brazen in its advertising.

mta: here is the offer: http://schwaggle.active.com/deal/1755/20-dollars-entry-into-harvard-pilgrim-10k?cmp=49-3-06232011-177

Runners run

I read it as you get to enter the race for $20. If you buy the deal you will get some sort of code that you can enter in when you fill out the registration form online.

Yeah I probably just naturally read everything from Active with too cynical a filter.

Runners run

xor

Yeah I probably just naturally read everything from Active with too cynical a filter.

There is not a filter that is 'too cynical' for active.