Is it possible to get a decent treadmill for around $600 (Read 80 times)

Jill_B

I fly.

So I ended up not buying the used treadmill.  I'm still in the market for one, but I'm wondering if it's possible to get a decent treadmill for around $600.  I would like it to last 2 years (I'm planning on buying a really good one around that time) and it will have to live in my garage. Soooo, thoughts please!

Bring it on.

Feeling the growl again

If you only require it to last 2 years, then yes, one in that price range will probably do it.  Especially if it's only occasional or seasonal use.  I've heard good things about the Liverstrong machines.

Conversely if in those 2 years you rack up 1500-3000 miles, average >9mph and do workouts using the full speed range up to 12mph...not very likely.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

I bought one about 5 years ago in the $600-700 range.  It was on sale, regular price around ($1800...yea right) the sort of sale you see around February every year.  Anyways it a Horizon cheap thing and it works just fine. I believe it would be very similar to the Livestrong type of treadmill I see around.  Between my wife and I it probably gets about 25 - 35 miles a week on it.  It squeaks a bit but hey price was right.  My wife does workouts on it up to the 9.5 mph range without issue.

C-R

I just bought a Liverstrong 15 for $602 new. Compared to my ProForm (which made it 6000 miles) I expect to get more miles out of this one. Bought at Dick's Sporting goods.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

I bought one about 5 years ago in the $600-700 range.  It was on sale, regular price around ($1800...yea right) the sort of sale you see around February every year.  Anyways it a Horizon cheap thing and it works just fine. I believe it would be very similar to the Livestrong type of treadmill I see around.  Between my wife and I it probably gets about 25 - 35 miles a week on it.  It squeaks a bit but hey price was right.  My wife does workouts on it up to the 9.5 mph range without issue.

Livestrong and Horizon are two lines that roll up to the same company.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills