Obsession (Read 890 times)

va

I awoke early this morning, unable to sleep. This time it wasn’t the taunting of the Pace Bunny that disturbed my slumber. Rather, it was the anticipation of my long run. I was like a restless child on Christmas morning, unable to sleep, looking forward to opening the presents that lie waiting for me under the tree. So I headed out at 4:30 AM and ran… Are you obsessed with running too? Talk about it.
      Double negative alert: I can't not run. I just need to run -- I don't feel a complete person if I don't run. I get cranky and restless if I miss a run ... I climb the WALLS when I am tapering Tongue
      2009: BQ?
      muse_runner

keep running.

Hey Trish, We're running twins! Nice to meet ya... Smile
        running until I hit 1900 miles for the year. whether fast or slow I will just run.
          Muse -- Boston '08? Good luck! I'm thinking Boston 2010 ... I have about 20 minutes to drop off of my marathon PR. Honestly, once I qualify for Boston, I think I'll just take my sweet time running the actual race Clowning around
          muse_runner

keep running.

Girl I have 15 minutes to take off my marathon PR and that's not stopping me! I hope to BQ this December. I think with a year of quality training I can do it. I think you can too if you plan your runs correctly. Make sure you sloooooow down those long runs girl. (sorry I peeked). Keep it up though, I know you can do it! Smile How long ago did you start running? The newbie gets a really great return on running investment. Especially like the 2nd and 3rd year after running. After that it's small gains baby... Roll eyes
            running until I hit 1900 miles for the year. whether fast or slow I will just run.
              Really? I should slow down during my long runs? Okay, you twised my arm Tongue I started running 2 years ago (early 2005). I think (okay, I KNOW) I need to add more track/ treadmill speedwork to my marathon training. Any ideas of where to find a great training schedule (to work on qualifying for Boston)?
                Oh, and obession is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated. Yes
                Wingz

Professional Noob

Yes Big grin Big grin Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

Scout7

Really? I should slow down during my long runs? Okay, you twised my arm Tongue I started running 2 years ago (early 2005). I think (okay, I KNOW) I need to add more track/ treadmill speedwork to my marathon training. Any ideas of where to find a great training schedule (to work on qualifying for Boston)?
                    I have a couple.... http://www.runningtimes.com/rt/articles/?id=4835&page=6&c=83#program Take a look at that one.
                      All runners have this obession/dedication. Either that or we a nuts!! (my wife thinks in my case it is the latter) At least 2 of our local HM training group got out and put in some miles yesterday. Now THAT IS dedications!! BTW it was 12F in blowing (20mph) light snow with a windchill of MINUS 3!!! Thereby proving my wife wrong as I stayed INSIDE

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

va

I like it!
                          Welcome to the club Val!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

va

Welcome to the club Val!
                            Thanks! This is great clubs to belong to! Big grin
                              All runners have this obession/dedication. Either that or we a nuts!! (my wife thinks in my case it is the latter) I prefer to think of myself as nuts.
                              muse_runner

keep running.

Hey Trish, Sure I can try and help you out with workouts I've got some idears Smile. Nice job on your 5k girl!!! wow... You are doing JUST FINE with your speed workouts. Whatever you're doing as far as speed is working for you. You just need to translate your awesome speed to endurance. Maybe I can help you with pacing those long ones. Does this place have private messaging?? How can I contact you? Trish we totally need to keep in touch. You never know we may end up at a race together and could easily run with eachother. Smile