Cabin Fever! (Read 412 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Arghhhhh.... So it's too cold to run and now my son's school is cancelled for tomorrow (everything for the past 3 days has been cancelled...school, sporting events, church services, etc.). Ack, I haven't been out of the house since Friday. 3 days cooped-up indoors. So I'm extra antsy and can't even get it out with a few miles of running. Bah. I think kickboxing will be on the agenda, tomorrow!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

dillydoodles

Muppet Treasure Island - "Cabin Fever!" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKhtO8k0ILg Sing along......... Big grin
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ooh, I loves me some Muppets! That reminds me, we have a full season of the show on DVD--I think I know what DS and I will be doing tomorrow. Just wish we had some popcorn in the house... Speaking of closings, I just found out that my college alma mater closed for tomorrow. In the 6.5 years I attended they only closed ONCE. It was under similar circumstances, too...low temps, high winds, drifting snow, icy roads.... k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ack, here's a photo taken by my hubby on his way to work. That is 2 lanes of a 4 lane divided interstate (US 31): His description in an e-mail to all local friends and family: "Made it! Don't go anywhere today. Seriously. Roads are really, really bad. It's too cold for salt to work, or for traffic to warm the road enough to melt the ice. It's, like, polished out there." k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Sheesh...our local school district is already closed for tomorrow, now. The district on the other side of the river is still open, as is my son's school (he attends a small Montessori school). I would not be at all surprised if his school ends up closed for tomorrow, too. k

~ Sarah Kay

dillydoodles

I can commiserate zoom-zoom. It's way too cold and snowy for my liking. Did you and your son end up watching the Muppet movie? Brrr. I hope it warms up soon. Here's our forecast. Not yelling (all caps below)... just copied and pasted from Environment Canada Weather......... HIGH WINDS OF 60 KM/H GUSTING TO 80 KM/H WILL CONTINUE THIS EVENING NEAR THE LAKE ERIE SHORELINE. THIS IS A WARNING THAT DAMAGING WINDS ARE IMMINENT OR OCCURRING IN THESE REGIONS. LOW VISIBILITIES IN FALLING AND BLOWING SNOW AND HIGH WINDCHILL VALUES. WIND CHILL VALUES ARE EXPECTED TO DROP TO MINUS 30 OVERNIGHT TONIGHT ACROSS PORTIONS OF SOUTHWESTERN ONTARIO. ENVIRONMENT CANADA WILL CONTINUE TO MONITOR THIS EXTREME WEATHER EVENT CLOSELY.
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Brrrr....! We didn't end up watching the movie, but there's a strong chance he won't have school tomorrow. Plus he only goes in the AM, so we still have the afternoon to watch it. Today he wanted to draw pictures and play with Lego, so that was fine by me. Anything to keep him happy when he can't be outdoors. k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

*sigh* another day with no school. Tomorrow is my son's birthday, so I really hope school is back in session, then. No kid should be stuck at home with mom and dad on his birthday (especially since dad is home with a bad head cold that mom hopes she doesn't come down with--wouldn't that just be so special...finally might have weather "warm" enough to run in tomorrow and there's a good chance I will be sick). k

~ Sarah Kay