Girls On The Run (Read 772 times)

Needs more cowbell!

I really, REALLY want to get involved with this charity: Girls On The Run They did a program here this past Spring and I was SO excited to see several girls running the 5k with me last weekend who had the official GOTR shoes on--that means they didn't stop running when the program ended! I KNOW my participation in sports as a child and teenager made a lifelong positive impact--I'm sure I never would have started running again at 33 if I didn't already have running experience. And I look at my own family and my brother and I were fairly active in sports (not stars, mind you) and never got in trouble with the law or made majorly bad decisions as young adults (unless we count my brother's marriage, LOL). My sister, on the other hand, never was in any sports (or really any extra-curricular activities, for that matter) and is a veritable poster child for what happens when kids are bored and have no incentive to take care of themselves and stay out of trouble. She also is the least fit and healthy of the 3 of us, even though she is the youngest. This Winter I am planning to contact our nearest chapter to see if they could use any volunteers--I would really love to have some little running buddies this Spring. Big grin k

I shoot pretty things! ~

'14 Goals:

• 6 duathlons (1 Olympic distance)

• 130#s (and stay there, gotdammit!)

Needs more cowbell!

And I think I would do THIS for that half marathon I am hoping to be ready for this Fall. $20/mile. k

I shoot pretty things! ~

'14 Goals:

• 6 duathlons (1 Olympic distance)

• 130#s (and stay there, gotdammit!)