Are some companies saving money by using overly short laces? (Read 1097 times)

DanMoriarity

You can always buy separate laces if you need to, but with the proce of shoes these days you'd think they could include a decent set of laces. Most of the shoes I wear (Saucony or Asics usually) seem to have laces that are longer than I'd like. Even with double or triple knots I occasionally find myself tripping over them. But then, I have pretty narrow feet.

SuperChef

I don't think it's a matter of saving money, but rather the companies just don't care to consider it.

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Most of the shoes I wear (Saucony or Asics usually) seem to have laces that are longer than I'd like. Even with double or triple knots I occasionally find myself tripping over them. But then, I have pretty narrow feet.

If I get long laces I usually thread the loops through the cross-lace near my toes.  Actually, tuck the loops under my cross-laces no mater what my lace-length; it keeps them from coming untied w/o the need for double-knots (which are a pain when you get rocks in shoes).  Short laces make it a bit more difficult.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

Half Fanatic #846

I've had to double-tie all of mine.  I have wide feet, too.

Same here. 

And my Merrells were the worst - really L-O-N-G laces. So long that I actually cut 6-8" out of the middle of each lace (to keep the lace tips intact), re-laced them, then re-tied them tightly, then burned/fused the knot, and they were just right - Whew!

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

BeeRunB

I feel your pain, Zoom-Zoom. I've had shoes in the past that have skimped on laces. Never made sense to me. Shouldn't have to go out and buy more laces and re-lace.

--JimmyCool

spinach

I just recently bought a new pair of new balance 730's.  The laces are long enough but they are very cheap quality, thin and slippery and hard to keep tight.  I will replace them with  better quality laces soon.  They are saving money on the laces, not by making them short but by making them of inferior quality.