Course comments (Read 582 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

It seems like the "notes" section does not show up on the course map (unless it's one of my courses). This section could be very useful to other users, you could indicate where to get water, what to look for or avoid, even turn-by-turn directions. A lot of good info for the person trying to find a route. Keep up the good work, Eric!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

eric :)

PerfesserR, If I remember correctly, I intentionally left out the notes section in the view maps page because I was concerned about people's privacies. I don't know what people put in the notes section, and I don't want it to be made completely public. Maybe I'm just too paranoid. What do other people think? Should the notes be made public? eric Smile
      Wingz

Professional Noob

You've already got the option to make the map private. Why not make the notes private or not based on whether the map is private?

Roads were made for journeys...

Imminent Catastrophe

PerfesserR, If I remember correctly, I intentionally left out the notes section in the view maps page because I was concerned about people's privacies. I don't know what people put in the notes section, and I don't want it to be made completely public. Maybe I'm just too paranoid. What do other people think? Should the notes be made public? eric Smile
          Or maybe a "course comments" field that could be public. However it's done, textual notes could be helpful, I think.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016