Obstacle Running or Adventure Running? Not too sure what it's called... (Read 80 times)

Disintiorde

Hi everybody! I'm new to this forum and this is my first post.

I'm not sure what this is called, which is why I need your help. I have never done this, but I have seen this done before on youtube. It is classified as a separate style of running, where it involves running through the wilderness, but on offbeat paths where you have to constantly be dodging branches and sometimes leaping over ditches almost like you are in a movie and being chased by a cop or something lol.

I am very interested in this type of running and would love to find trails that would encourage this style of running. But the problem is, I don't know the name of it to be searching for! That would probably be a good start wouldn't it? lol

Jess runs for bacon

Orienteering?

ScubaSteve

Maybe you saw videos of parkour? I haven't hear of organized events for that.  For running, I  have done the Spartan Race and Warrior Dash with lots of running through creeks and mud and ravines plus manmade obstacles if that is what you are looking for.  The Xterra Trail Series puts on trail races nationwide, too.  I just did one April 14 near Las Vegas if you want to see the course click on my log.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

trail running?

**Ask me about streaking**

TJoseph

I did one yesterday.  They called it a hash.  It involved drinking afterwards also.

runningprofesora

This sounds like exactly what I do when I go trail running. I'd suggest contacting your local running store to see what is near where you live.