Weirdest thing you've ever seen on the ground during a run..? (Read 11262 times)

xor

My first real job outside of academia was at a giant insurance company.  My cube was fairly close to the men's room.  During my first week at that gig (Feb 1993), a 60-something employee dude went in, sat down to do his thing, and pulled an Elvis.  That was creepy.

Ok, not running.  But now that we're talking about dead people in bathroom stalls, there you go. Real thing, no CSI.

(no, I didn't see it directly. Just the commotion, followed by the story in our monthly newsletter. I steered clear of that stall)

So, when someone asked, "Phew, did you die in there or something?" There was no answer.
      xor

Hee!

My Little Pony hair.

A few weeks ago I found a fish head on my local bike path.  There's a pond nearby, but not right there where I found the head.

Also on the same bike path, a couple of days later I ran over a baked potato. 

2011 Goals:

• lose more weight
          • run 1000k
          • be more confident in my running abilities

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop. | my running blog | upcoming races

This morning ... a hawk eating a breakfast of champions (a pigeon I think) about 15 feet off the running trail. He kept a pretty close eye on me as I ran by.

Yesterday I found a 1940 Captain Midnight medallion. 

I looked it up online and it was given out to kids from the radio stations that aired the Captain Midnight show. I found it on the side of the road that I run all the time and it was never there before so I keep wondering how it ended up there.

hokiemamba

Yest my DH saw a big black snake on the running trail near our house and this morning several people (not me, sadly) saw a bear on the trail.  I wish I'd seen the bear, but glad I didn't see the snake!!!!
                hokiemamba

Yesterday I found a 1940 Captain Midnight medallion. 

I looked it up online and it was given out to kids from the radio stations that aired the Captain Midnight show. I found it on the side of the road that I run all the time and it was never there before so I keep wondering how it ended up there.

Probably some kid's grandparent gave it to them and told them to take good care of it...put it away in a safe spot and that was the safest spot the kid could think of.

Jill_B

I fly.

I ran on the beach this morning, so I saw the usual things one expects to see on the beach during the summer.  Then I came across a group of 5 men doing what appeared to be Tai Chi from a distance with a small crowd watching them.  As I got closer, I realized they were holding swords and wearing robes (that looked like star wars robes to me).  It was very odd.  They were also standing in the water.  They were gone when I went back the other way.

Bring it on.

Menace to Sobriety

I ran on the beach this morning, so I saw the usual things one expects to see on the beach during the summer.  Then I came across a group of 5 men doing what appeared to be Tai Chi from a distance with a small crowd watching them.  As I got closer, I realized they were holding swords and wearing robes (that looked like star wars robes to me).  It was very odd.  They were also standing in the water.  They were gone when I went back the other way.

Oh, they were still there, they just used The Forcetm to obscure your vision of them.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

I see a group like that in a park every Saturday morning. I've always wondered what they are doing. They have the robes, swords, and look like all of their moves are in slow motion. Does anyone know what they are doing???

Tai Chi practice can include the use of swords.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I see a group like that in a park every Saturday morning. I've always wondered what they are doing. They have the robes, swords, and look like all of their moves are in slow motion. Does anyone know what they are doing???

LARPing? = Live Action Role-Playing.  My brother and his GF do this a bit.  I love them both dearly, but they are about as geeky (and super-smart...he has his master's in CS and works for a defense contractor and she is nearly finished with her law degree) as it gets.  They go to gaming conventions, too.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

keeponrunning

Hmm...went for a 9 mile run at my cottage on Friday (long run for me) and saw 12 deer, a whole whack of birds (pelicans, I think), and thankfully, no skunk.  A few days previous I had seen a skunk with it's tail up.  I slowed down and prayed.  Thankfully, I did not get sprayed, seeing as we had no tomato juice, we are a half hour from the nearest town, and all the stores would have been closed.  

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

FastTalkingFatty

This is only odd in  context otherwise it's simply trash.  I was stretching at a bench in the little park across from the Watergate hotel.  I looked down to see price tags from clothing.  They looked like someone had just ripped them off the clothes: they weren't crumpled or dirty. 

I was wondering who had to change clothes in that particular spot.  There are no clothing stores nearby (and this was cheap stuff so I doubt it came from a georgetown boutique).

There are folks who sleep in the park so maybe someone changed when they got up this morning.

Or maybe this is the hidden explanation for when I see random clothes lying about, maybe folks aren't drunkenly discarding clothes or absentmindedly dropping them, but rather changing on the street?

<www.runningahead.com/groups/veggies/