Shouted encouragement (Read 794 times)

Sulli42

I had a cyclist pass me and my partner the other day and as he passed he exclaimed "Have a great run guys!". I thought that was pretty cool, coming from a cyclist. Wink
    wallercp

I know exactly how the OP feels -- I've yet to shout any words of encouragement.

The Terminator

During a run the other day, I made eye contact with an old man and he said, "Lookin' good!" I knew I was not actually looking good at that point in the run, but I still floated to the end with a smile on my face. Big grin

"In the South, the cotillion of Machiavelli is played as a soft-shoe, in three-quarter time." - Pat Conroy

Ringmaster

I was happy when the lead cyclist in a pack called out, "Runner up!" and made sure his team gave me room--HELLO! Why aren't they all this nice! And the rest of the pack said, "Looking strong," "Good pace," "Keep it up." Hey, they were the nicest team of cyclists I've seen in a long time.

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
          Mile by Mile

Carps10

wow this is a particularly sore subject. usually some fat 20-30 year old ex-football player in an old pickup or something like that shouts "you call that running, sissy?" or "keep running, bitch!" or "get off the road, queer" or even the cleverest one of all "run forest run!"....but i respond with the finger and shout "go f*** yourself." it's become a gut reaction so if you ever told me to keep it up or something from your car, i would probably still do it. if you're driving and you wanna do a fellow runner a favor, just don't zip past him too quickly or drive too close to him, because both are annoying