Can I still call myself a runner... (Read 668 times)

Maniac

Even if I haven't run in a week? I don't have a good reason...Not hurt...Not any busier than usual. Just not motivated. Apparently, I need a race of some sort...Some goal on the horizon.

Marathon Maniac #6740

Goals for 2015:

Run 3 marathons (modified:  Run 2 marathons--Lost Dutchman 02/2015 and Whiskey Row 05/2015)

Run a 50-miler (Ran a 53.8 mile race 11/14/2015)

Run 1,500 miles (uhhh...how about 1,400?)

Stay healthy

nah...a putz yeah...but runner...no way. If you haven't run twice a day for the last 67 weeks, drank 3 protein shakes and bought two new pairs of running shoes to go with the 27 pairs you already have...then you are out buddy....so sad to see another one bite the dust....
      C-R

HTFU is the local battle cry. Schesule a race, race a car, chase a car, whatever it takes but get back out there. Based on cagery I'm off the list too and I run min of 6 days a week. Got the shoe thing covered but I hate protein shakes. What's the point. I run so I can have a real shake from Steak and Shake or Baskin and Robins..... and wash it down with a beer.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Maniac

Mmmmm, milkshakes....That's my other problem...I keep eating whatever I want (despite not exercising).

Marathon Maniac #6740

Goals for 2015:

Run 3 marathons (modified:  Run 2 marathons--Lost Dutchman 02/2015 and Whiskey Row 05/2015)

Run a 50-miler (Ran a 53.8 mile race 11/14/2015)

Run 1,500 miles (uhhh...how about 1,400?)

Stay healthy