Garmin Abroad (Read 708 times)

It's a bit early, but I've been thinking about getting a garmin forerunner 305 to map out my distances. I'm heading off to Belgium this summer and won't have access to a computer often to figure out my routes. Does Garmin work in other countries?

Garmins use the US navigational satellites. I assume that we have a pretty thorough coverage of the planet and would be surprised if they don't work abroad. I've only used mine once, though, and haven't left the country with it yet.

Run to Win
      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

I used mine easily and perfectly in Amsterdam, so Belgium should be fine.

sean

Neil Gunn

Gandalf the Grey

It's a bit early, but I've been thinking about getting a garmin forerunner 305 to map out my distances. I'm heading off to Belgium this summer and won't have access to a computer often to figure out my routes. Does Garmin work in other countries?
          Hi Garmin uses the GPS satellite system which is a global system ... it will work anywhere on the planet where it can see the sky, If you travel more than a few hundred miles from your normal place of running it may take a few minutes to 'lock onto satellites' but it will get there eventually. I have a 205 and it has so far worked in UK, all of Europe (inc Belgium), USA, Mexico, Japan, Australia etc. So, in short, no worries! Neil UK Smile

Running ... just keep running!

Okay, thanks so much! ... now I just need to figure out how to get one Big grin