Denver Marathon Question... (Read 515 times)

bratschtown

Does anyone know how many runners they are limiting the race to this year? I heard on the radio that they are capping the race, but I can't find this information anywhere. Thanks for the help...
    I'm just finishing the second coat.

Rim Rock Dad

Here's the link from the website. But keep in mind, this was from July '07. This may change before October. http://www.denvermarathon.com/Media/PressReleases.cfm?SID=658&Page=1
      James "We're only at home when we're on the run." -Neil Peart
      bratschtown

I heard that there were only about 1,500 people in the 2007 race. If that is the case it sure seems like the cap is unnecessary. Is there any danger of them reaching the limit?

Top 'O the World!

Part of the low #'s running the '07 DM were due to inclement weather.....37*F/100% H...rain & wind! Couple of days before were in the upper 60's, couple days later, in the upper 50's....October can be like that here in Denver Wink
          Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
            There were about 1560 finishers in the marathon last year, but I'm pretty sure the 10,000 person limit includes the half and relay participants also. Just something to consider. Dave
            Dave
            "Run like hell and get the agony over with."
            --- Clarence DeMar
            bratschtown

Well, my friends and I are all registered, so thanks for the assistance!