A new runner (Read 670 times)

My grand daughter just ran her first race! A mile run in the Dallas/FW area and had a time of 9:20!! Not bad for an 8 year old! She may show up here as she now has this website address. Her mom says her screen name is a variation my Bear Poop.

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

You'll ruin your knees!

"Bear Poop" - The Generation After Next! Cool

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That's awesome! But how do you have an 8 year old granddaughter?! She's quite a little runner! Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

That's awesome! But how do you have an 8 year old granddaughter?! She's quite a little runner! Smile k
          By being an old man!!

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

Another Passion

Her mom says her screen name is a variation my Bear Poop.
            Like, "Little Sh*t"? Big grin

Rick
            "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
            "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
            runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Great job! My 9 year just qualified for the regional cross country meet by finishing 22nd out 90. Not bad for a kid who just started running a month ago. Sounds like you and I are going to need to try a little harder or the kids are going to make us look old and slow.

My sport's your sport's punishment

2012 goals

100 Km month         150 K month      200K month

5K run    10K run     20K run              30K run

sub 30 min 5K         sub 55min 10K

Well her log is not public. We have been emailing back and forth and this AM she sent me the password so I could set it up. Her mom thinks she broke a toe yesterday. We'll see

Hope her toe is alright. If she's anything like my daughter keeping her off her feet long enough for it to heal will be the problem.

My sport's your sport's punishment

2012 goals

100 Km month         150 K month      200K month

5K run    10K run     20K run              30K run

sub 30 min 5K         sub 55min 10K

I did my first HM (walking) with a broken little toe on my right foot. Did it 10 days before the event!! Ended with blacktoe on my left foot

Aww, congrats on your GD's race!!! Hope her toe is OK.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                      Thyroid Support Group

Its broke. But kids heal fast