neti pots will kill you. (Read 2023 times)

"run" "2" "eat"

"Tap water is safe for drinking, but not for irrigating your nose."

click here for article

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Shocked I love my neti pot...in the past couple of years it has saved me from countless sinus infections requiring antibiotics...within the past week, even.  Hmmm...perhaps I will start using distilled water.  We already use that in our coffee maker, since our well water is insanely hard and destroys coffee makers.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

"run" "2" "eat"

yeah, imagine what it's doing to your sinuses.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

drrbradford

Rock and hard place is where I am betwixt now. My sinuses are currently swollen and I can't run properly. In some ways it''s worse than death.

2 people?  In all of Louisiana? With a population of 4.5 million?

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

A Saucy Wench

" In very rare instances, health experts said such infections may also occur when contaminated water from other sources, such as inadequately chlorinated swimming pool water or heated tap water less than 116.6 degrees, enters the nose when people submerge their heads or when people irrigate their sinuses with devices such as a neti pot."

OK, so no filling up the bathtub or backyard wading pool for the kiddos either. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Best Present Ever

I think they're saying not to use a neti pot in Louisiana.  I'm in Virginia, so I'm ok.

Oh roo roooo!

Wow, based on my experience w/trying to use tap water in a neti pot, I can't believe anyone would do this more than once!  When we first got it, we used distilled water for a while and then got cheap and thought "oh, let's just use tap water."   YOOOWWW!!!  The chlorine and whatever else is in there made it burn like crazy!  Never again!

Altho, from reading the article and the mention of inadequately chlorinated water, maybe that was the problem.  So if you try tap water and it doesn't hurt, then you shouldn't use it as god knows what is living in it.  If you try it and you want to scream, then it probably is safe...

I think they're saying not to use a neti pot in Louisiana.  I'm in Virginia, so I'm ok.

Ah!  I'll go with that. Big grin

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

neti pots will kill you

Only if they catch you -- run faster.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

xor

I once knew a Nettie Potts.  She was nice.

Cool Jump Suit

I've often thought of becoming a neti pot.

So bittersweet,
                          This tragedy
                          Won't ask for absolution;
                          This melody,
                          Inside of me,
                          Still searches for solution.
                          A twist of faith,
                          A change of heart
                          Cures my infatuation.
                          A broken heart, 
                          Provides the spark
                          For my determination.

Noonan!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

"Tap water is safe for drinking, but not for irrigating your nose."

click here for article

ha!  Joking

10 minutes ago I didn't know what a neti pot was.  alas... the toothpaste won't go back.