Do you keep your old stinky shoes for nostalgic purposes? (Read 662 times)

Junior Amphibian

I have one pair of New Balance shoes which should be thrown away, both because of the mileage and the stench, but because they are the shoes in which I started running, it is very hard. Undecided

"People ask why I run. I say, 'If you have to ask, you will never understand'. It is something only those select few know. Those who put themselves through pain, but know, deep down, how good it really feels." - Erin Leonard

Teresadfp

One day at a time

No, I turn mine in when I buy new ones at our local running store, and they take $5 off the purchase price.

Junior Amphibian

No, I turn mine in when I buy new ones at our local running store, and they take $5 off the purchase price.
        But the regular prices might be overpriced $10 than in other stores, so they still come out ahead. Cool

"People ask why I run. I say, 'If you have to ask, you will never understand'. It is something only those select few know. Those who put themselves through pain, but know, deep down, how good it really feels." - Erin Leonard

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Probably, but I like supporting them - they give good advice and sponsor races and running groups.
            I keep mine but I use them for yard work with no socks and DW INSISTS that I keep them outside
            2009 Goals...:
            -run more miles than 2008

-build base to train for 2010 Rome Marathon
              Take a picture. I'm considering doing this w/ some of my t-shirts, running or otherswise, which I have an attachment to, but are now to threadbare, ripped, pitted-out or otherwise stained.
              Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I wash mine and give them to the local prison to support their sports program.
                  our local running store collects them for charity. I go through them too quickly to get too attached to them. Tongue

Jennifer mm#1231

I have a growing pile and have been wondering what to do with them. Giving them to some kind of charity sounds like a good idea - I'll ask my running store if they do something like that.
                    Lisa3.1

I have one pair of New Balance shoes which should be thrown away, both because of the mileage and the stench, but because they are the shoes in which I started running, it is very hard.
                      I would and I would also mark the miles ran, and race results on them. I am nostalgic too.
                      kcam

I used to tie the laces together and then hang them up in my garage along the ceiling-wall interface. Had about 20 pairs up there before I moved. Tough decision but they all went in the trash. Now they go in the trash as soon as they get retired.
                          Mine are put out to pasture (aka, mow the lawn.)

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

I semi-retire mine for use as "mud shoes" for running trails with lots of mud in the wintertime. With all that mud on 'em, and with washing socks after each run, they don't seem to stink much anymore.
                              jingchunyu

Place a pair into the trunk of yoru car in case one day you need them to walk when yoru car break down