Picture (Read 89 times)

The Pocatello Kid.

For me RA is where I keep all my historical run data, so it would be nice if I could put a picture from a race so when I go back to look at it later in time, the write up, splits and pictures are all there. As a practical point, this would probably be a detriment to your server space, and cost you more money, but just thought I'd add that suggestion.

xhristopher

I asked a similar question a few years ago. Eric didn't want to run RA as an image server but mentioned enabling html in notes. That could work for us with the extra steps involved on our part in hosting the image on another site.

The Pocatello Kid.

that's a really good idea. So we could have like a Flickr or similar site we store running pictures then have the picture come through from the HTML?

I asked a similar question a few years ago. Eric didn't want to run RA as an image server but mentioned enabling html in notes. That could work for us with the extra steps involved on our part in hosting the image on another site.

mikeymike

So we could have like a Flickr or similar site we store running pictures then have the picture come through from the HTML?

Or facebook.

Runners run

The Pocatello Kid.

I don't trust Mark Zuckerburg. Although, I have supplied him with many pictures of my family....

Or facebook.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Or facebook.

FFS, No! Start down that road and pretty soon you'll be holding handrails.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

xhristopher

that's a really good idea. So we could have like a Flickr or similar site we store running pictures then have the picture come through from the HTML?

Flickr can be configured to accept and host photos from the community via email attachment. We could setup an RA pool account. What an interesting mess that would be.

Only trick would be having more rich formatting options on the run log notes where the photos could be embeded.

eric :)

I might change my position on this, if I can get my second set of servers to stay online.  I set up back up servers after the incident back in June.  Unfortunately, the main server freezes occasionally (once every month or two).  I've decided that it's either a memory or the RAID controller.  Either way, the servers are not reliable for online operation, which I was planning to use to serve out files, such as images.

With the added bandwidth and disk space, I am considering allowing images to be uploaded for forum posts.  The same thing can be applied to the workout notes too.  Anyway, I've been working on a big project for the last many months.  It's near completion.  I just have some loose ends, equivalent to hanging up the curtains and putting the face plates on the electrical outlets of a new house.  After I launch it, maybe I'll have time to work on some of these features.

The Pocatello Kid.

that would be awesome! Thanks eric! looking forward to your future changes.

I might change my position on this, if I can get my second set of servers to stay online.  I set up back up servers after the incident back in June.  Unfortunately, the main server freezes occasionally (once every month or two).  I've decided that it's either a memory or the RAID controller.  Either way, the servers are not reliable for online operation, which I was planning to use to serve out files, such as images.

With the added bandwidth and disk space, I am considering allowing images to be uploaded for forum posts.  The same thing can be applied to the workout notes too.  Anyway, I've been working on a big project for the last many months.  It's near completion.  I just have some loose ends, equivalent to hanging up the curtains and putting the face plates on the electrical outlets of a new house.  After I launch it, maybe I'll have time to work on some of these features.