Crusted Salt--my new running related comic strip (Read 1266 times)

BeeRunB

A couple more ideas, taking off at a dead sprint in a long race, trying not to get chicked/geezered, fuel belts in 5Ks, hallucinations in a ultra, and my favorite - shipping shoes to your office so your wife does not know (you know who you are)

Thanks for the ideas, although I don't want to owe you, so I'll have to steal them (and distort them until they are unrecognizable)! Cool Perhaps I can use them as starting points if I am blocked. I did already pay homage to hallucinations in ultras in the weekend 4 panel special.

And some of what you mentioned is on a long list of possible starting points I've written down. At first glance, the running world doesn't seem too deep, but it's very, very vast in its detail.

I have comics already laid out exploring the relationship side of running---I made a raw beginning in last weekend's 4 panel special

with the introduction of NeeNee&Hack.

--Jimmy

I missed the hallucinations one.  

Yeah there is only so many things funny about running, its mostly a "stupid/going nowhere/not interesting to any one else but you" pursuit

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

My daughter brought up the people wearing 40-pound Angry Birds costumes in the Monster Dash.

BeeRunB

Drew a comic for Super Bowl Sunday...enjoy!  --JimmyCool

http://www.crustedsalt.com/pages/crustedsalt_36.html

Hawt and sexy

OMG! jimmy does stories with pictures? jimmy, I want a story about the imaginary friends we have when we run too long. Like I have Weeman, the super little person, and I think someone around here has a squirrel. You know, something about the odd things we see that remind us to eat our sugar.

I'm touching your pants.

Hawt and sexy

Dude, just saw the giant cupcake. I'm slow. jimmy, you're the bestest.

I'm touching your pants.

BeeRunB

Dude, just saw the giant cupcake. I'm slow. jimmy, you're the bestest.

The tortoise often gets to the depths of humor long before the hare, Will. Cool

Hey Gang,

Here's a  "very special"  and "very schmaltzy"  Crusted Salt for Valentine's Day (CLICK).

Share it as an extra gift to your hon

enjoy

--Jimmy

I really like Pinocchio beating Cyrano....

Running in Belgium
                  Ann

I greatly enjoyed the entire series thus far. Please keep it up!

BeeRunB

ANN

I really like Pinocchio beating Cyrano....

JOE

I greatly enjoyed the entire series thus far. Please keep it up!

Thanks so much, Ann and Joe. Interesting coincidence..... my parents names are Ann and Joe.

I appreciate the positive support.

I'll do my best to keep them coming, and hopefully the majority will be funny....to somebody. Cool

--Jimmy

Here's a  "very special"  and "very schmaltzy"  Crusted Salt for Valentine's Day (CLICK).

#44 Superstitions #1: The Power Of Root Veggies

BeeRunB

http://www.crustedsalt.com/pages/crustedsalt_77.html

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

A contribution to the many cartoons celebrating the day out there:

Enjoy!

--JimmyCool

BeeRunB

Just posted the 100th panel of Crusted Salt.

http://www.crustedsalt.com/pages/crustedsalt_100.html

‎100 comics is a small milestone--it's not Charles M. Schulz and Peanuts--but for some reason my brain likes seeing the double zeroes. Crusted Salt is still going through its growing pains (hopefully, this will always be true) and has evolved to include some non-running based themes. The first 100 has given birth to many characters that most likely will be returning, and perhaps will be interacting with each other. Thanks to everyone at RA who has read them, shared them, liked the FB page, and subscribed to the RSS and email reminders.

Keep going!

--JimmyCool