RWOL Refugees -- (Read 3876 times)

done

I am by no means a prolific poster on the now too irritating to visit RWOL, but I have come to realize I miss reading about other peoples' running and training.  I also appreciate having a place to ask a question when the need arises.  I'm happy to have tracked down some familiar names and this place seems like a nice fit.

Thanks for welcoming us, Running Ahead!

mcours2006

Hey all,

Just dropping by to say hi to some familiar names. I wrote to RWOL to complain yesterday. Got an auto reply saying they were getting 'heavier than normal amount of emails.' No kidding. No doubt from all the complaints about the spam, which BTW, is just getting ridiculous.

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

The artist formerly known as "redgtxdi" aka "Randy".

I can't believe how bad it got over there!  The new format sucked and the spam was the worst I'd ever seen.  When I saw George saying he was moving I knew it must be time to go! Clown

Hopefully we can maintain this new home.  Smile

Randy

Camp Muir

Marmot84 here.  I guess I'll have to go dig up my avatar so everyone will know who it is. 

Cheers everyone.

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Marmot84 here.  I guess I'll have to go dig up my avatar so everyone will know who it is. 

Cheers everyone.

Is this the first time you listened to me????

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

cookiemonster

Connoisseur of Cookies

Will the last one out of RWOL please turn off the lights? 

***************************************************************************************

"C" is for cookie.  That's good enough for me.

muppy

Just broke up with RWOL and wanted to say hi! (Hope I didn't bring any spam with!)
                MorganaRuns

Slower than you

Hi Cookie! Hi THM! I just noticed all the spam on RWOL and that several people moved here, so I'm here, too, now. I may check in on RW to see if things shape up, but from what I've been reading, this may be a much better site overall.

Cool.

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man" - The Dude

Upcoming races: AthHalf: 10/20

darkwave

Mother of Cats

Yo yo yo.

(been using the log for a while)

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

SheCan

Just broke up with RWOL and wanted to say hi! (Hope I didn't bring any spam with!)

Hehe!  I hope you didn't either!

Also just wanted to say check out user group "BF and beyond" forum if you haven't yet!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

I've giving up on RWOL for now except the miles game and thought I'd check this out...

aka as Susan34-rw on RWOL

Jabberwocky

Greetings, running fans!  I guess I was slow to follow the crowd.  I was running my so-called long run this afternoon when I ran into Sue-in-TN.  (She was on her bike.)  She sent me here. 

Looks like a good move!

runny eggs

Clown

RagRabbit

Went back to look at RWOL's site.  The forum reminds me of the last day of Pompei......those who choose to remain may be smothered under a  layer of spam...perhaps never to be heard from again for a thousand years.  (It's a horrible way to go unless your life is defined by the English soccer league TV broadcasts).

Did ScottyDog make it out OK?

Buelligan

What the hell... this isn't Kansas.