GearBuzz (Read 925 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

WHY THE HELL IS COMPETITOR GROUP / ROCK AND ROLL NOW SPAMMING ME MULTIPLE TIMES PER DAY IN EVERY EMAIL ADDRESS I HAVE EVER GIVEN THEM?!??!?!?

And why is there no unsubscribe link????

No, I don't want these special deals.

Cripes.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

If it were me, I'd ring them -- I always like to get a human on the line to get unsubscribed, when possible.

Perhaps the numbers at the bottom of here might work: http://runrocknroll.competitor.com/contact?utm-medium=cgifootnav

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

dennrunner

The emails I've received from GearBuzz have an unsubscribe link at the very bottom of the email.

ymmv

I thought the 'Unsubscribe' button was basically a confirmation that "a human who will read the email exists at this address". From a marketing perspective, that address is now worth more money.
          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I thought the 'Unsubscribe' button was basically a confirmation that "a human who will read the email exists at this address". From a marketing perspective, that address is now worth more money.

I do worry about that...

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I figure that if you take up the time of a human on the phone, you provide more incentive for them to remove you.

xor

ee-vile.

ymmv

I figure that if you take up the time of a human on the phone, you provide more incentive for them to remove you.

"Here's one who not only reads the email, but also talks on the phone! Quick, forward the caller-id record to the telemarketing database."
                  Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yeah, I filled out their form and received an out of office email response.

Weird.

Yeah, I filled out their form and received an out of office email response.

Weird.

I think that means you're dealing with a small company where the "opt out" email hits an individuals email account.  When he / she's gone, you get it.

Keep trying.  They'll eventually be out of vacation for the year and be back to the office.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

That's not so much the case these days.  The nasty spammers don't care whether 20% or 80% of their list is bad - they just shoot it out.  The more reputable (?) U.S. companies are complying with the Can-Spam act with their unsubscribe link, and will really unsubscribe you, at least from that narrow part of the list.

Half Fanatic #846

I had a problem with constant emails from a company that had no apparent way to "Unsubscribe", so I just blocked them and that worked for me.  Don't know if that would be appropriate in other cases, though.

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

If you mean you brought a truckload of cinderblocks and blocked up the entrance to their building, you should definitely post a photo.

Half Fanatic #846

If you mean you brought a truckload of cinderblocks and blocked up the entrance to their building, you should definitely post a photo.

I dont know if they couldn't get out, but they haven't gotten in anymore!  Something must have worked.  But that was a few weeks ago.  Not so Strangely, I began receiving (snail) mail from them for the first time today - oh boy...I hope I don't have to move away!

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yeah yeah, interesting discussion about unsubscribe.

But the real question is this:

WHY THE HELL IS COMPETITOR GROUP / ROCK AND ROLL NOW SPAMMING ME MULTIPLE TIMES PER DAY IN EVERY EMAIL ADDRESS I HAVE EVER GIVEN THEM?!??!?!?