Reasons Why Running is Better than Sex (maybe) (Read 778 times)

I saw this post on a myspace page and thought it was funny. Anyone have more reasons...or disagree... 1. Running is consistently longer than sex 2. It's easier to explain the injuries 3. Routes don't get jealous of other routes 4. You can freely discuss when, where, and how many friends you were with when you lost your running virginity 5. You actually want to remember when, where, and who . . . 6. It isn't embarrassing when people find out you train a lot on you own 7. It confuses the hell out of jealous spouses who can't figure out what they are jealous of and why it is so much fun 8. Nobody tells bad running jokes on prime time television 9. You don't have to hide your copies of Runners World or your race photos 10. It's good even if your running partner goes too fast for you
      those are great! one of my high school track coaches liked to give us similar tips/advice-- and one more, similar to the injuries one: "plus, any sicknesses you get from running are waay, waay less embarrassing to explain to your parents, partner or the school nurse..."

Great list, I hadn't seen it before!

Run to Win
        25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Awesome!!! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Swadvad

HaHa! That's a good list. It reminds me of an experience I had a few years ago while duck hunting. Around noon, we were all standing knee deep in water, eating a sandwich next to the boats. One guy was going on and on about how much he loved to duck hunt. He then said, "I would rather duck hunt than have sex." There was a momentary silence as we pondered this statement, then the other 9 or 10 guys in the group unanimously shook our heads and said, "Nahhhhhhh." Running is good, but it ain't THAT good! Cool