Anti-chafing products? (Read 3223 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Sorry for the hijack earlier, zoom-zoom, but I just couldn't help myself...
    Bah, hijacking can be fun! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

eric :)

Here are the pictures of Wingz's chaps... Now we just need to get her to model it...
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

OMG...I'm having visions of The Village People, right now... Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

OMG...I'm having visions of The Village People, right now... Big grin k
          Easy there, Blondie!! My chaps are almost identical to these!! And there is a pretty good chance I have about 20 pics of me wearing them! They are great for trail rides in the mountains, it keeps the weeds & brush from tearing your jeans & beating up your legs. Coincidentally, it also prevents the inner thigh & inside of the knee from chafing on long rides. Maybe we should all try running in them?? And for you city slickers that may not be familiar with the sight, there is nothing like a Wrangler butt in a pair of chaps!! The straps of the chaps frame it perfectly... Big grin Tongue And yes, we do live in the boonies!! It makes for some beautiful, peaceful running though. I have hundreds of miles of backroads to run where I see all kinds of wildlife & farm animals. Ok, so I could do without the "sh*&pit" smell at the dairy farms, but the rest is worth it. Some of you travel for the beauty of a trail run; I live in it!
          So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hey, I got bad smells to run around here, too...dead fish, roadkill squirrels, the White Lake... :P k

~ Sarah Kay

Wow, Kirsten sure are a toublemaker. Wink I'm still wearing pants (even on the hot days) cuz I haven't found any shorts that don't look ridiculous on me (or cost 1 meeeeeeeelion dollars). I'm sure one of these days I'll break down and get some. AND some body glide. As far as smells go, we live in a cow town. Sunday we were out in running on country roads with the cows and it was stinkkkkkkkkk--eeeeee. But only on one part. I just CAN'T WAIT til we end up out there on fertilizing day. :barf: Those days, it's hard to be in a car riding next to those fields.
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Rebecca, TJ Maxx has been a good source for running shorts for me at reasonable prices (or check the outlets on sites like eastbay.com). I could not be wearing long pants at this point. The last couple of days it has been 75ยบ during my runs--too hot for pants. k

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

Easy there, Blondie!! My chaps are almost identical to these!! And there is a pretty good chance I have about 20 pics of me wearing them! They are great for trail rides in the mountains, it keeps the weeds & brush from tearing your jeans & beating up your legs. Coincidentally, it also prevents the inner thigh & inside of the knee from chafing on long rides. Maybe we should all try running in them??
                  I thought about how they'd work with thigh rubbing on runs... might work. Depends on how they fit. There is that little space at the top of the thighs that's not covered, and irritating it with a fold of leather could be a VERY bad idea...
                  And for you city slickers that may not be familiar with the sight, there is nothing like a Wrangler butt in a pair of chaps!! The straps of the chaps frame it perfectly... Big grin Tongue
                  Which is why I'm not modeling them on the internet! Besides - I've got someone else to model them for me (as those of you who saw my new profile picture know)... But if YOU want to put up some pictures of you wearing chaps, I'm sure Eric would be delighted... Janell

Roads were made for journeys...

Wingz

Professional Noob

On the topic of leather armor (never thought I'd be writing that), I recall seeing an old man who ran in a full set of bamboo armor (in Madison, WI, where I started running). Rumor had it that he trained for reinactments of ancient chinese-style battles and wanted to get used to the weight/heat of it. If you see him running up on you, you might want that tazer still. Confused
                    Just a thought - do you think a tazer would work on someone with bamboo armor?

Which is why I'm not modeling them on the internet! Besides - I've got someone else to model them for me (as those of you who saw my new profile picture know)... But if YOU want to put up some pictures of you wearing chaps, I'm sure Eric would be delighted... Janell
                      Likewise, I have someone else to model them. My hubby qualifies for one of those amazing Wrangler butts!! Tongue And Rebecca, I agree...fertilizing day is terrible!! Nothing like liquified & sprayed manure to freshen the clean, country air when you need to breathe deeply! Dead
                      So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
                      Wingz

Professional Noob

::drool:: Some guys just look so GOOD in chaps... Okay, gotta get mind out of gutter... Cool

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

::drool:: Some guys just look so GOOD in chaps... Okay, gotta get mind out of gutter... Cool
                          There's an assless chaps joke in here somewhere.... Wink

~ Sarah Kay

And Rebecca, I agree...fertilizing day is terrible!! Nothing like liquified & sprayed manure to freshen the clean, country air when you need to breathe deeply! Dead
                            Your written word captures it perfectly. :barf:
                            vicentefrijole

Just a thought - do you think a tazer would work on someone with bamboo armor?
                              I haven't done the research on that (yet). I have a question regarding leather chaps... don't they get awful hot on the long rides (on a horse.. keep it clean)? I would think a long, sweaty ride in the sun would lead to as much chafing as any 20-mile run... perhaps we should start marketing the Body Glide to the country-folks.
                              vicentefrijole

And Rebecca, I agree...fertilizing day is terrible!! Nothing like liquified & sprayed manure to freshen the clean, country air when you need to breathe deeply! Dead
                                My worst running moment ever: Running in the early a.m. on a long straight highway, I was passed by a man driving one of those huge RV-camper things. When he got about a half mile in front of me, I saw his breaklights go on as he pulled over, then pulled away again. When I reached that spot, I realized he had dumped the entire contents of his septic tank there on the side of the road... AWFUL! Dead And I had to run back past it again on my way back! I'll never forgive that man... compared to that, cow manure smells like petunias.