V02 Max Testing in UK (Read 460 times)

Slow-smooth-fast

Has anybody had a full fitness test in the UK, preferable near to myself in the North West? Be grateful to know where, and costing etc. Also would just be good to have some more information about the tests and if they are worth it etc.

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

Scout7

What are you gonna do with it? Honestly, I think the average runner doesn't need to know VO2Max. There are many more useful tests that can be done, by yourself without a lab. LT Threshold test is a good one. Races are still the best test of running fitness I can think of. I know in the US, this test can cost over $100. If you have a specific training need for it, then hey, knock yourself out. Otherwise, I'd save the cash.

Slow-smooth-fast

What are you gonna do with it? Honestly, I think the average runner doesn't need to know VO2Max. There are many more useful tests that can be done, by yourself without a lab. LT Threshold test is a good one. Races are still the best test of running fitness I can think of. I know in the US, this test can cost over $100. If you have a specific training need for it, then hey, knock yourself out. Otherwise, I'd save the cash.
        Ok, thanks for the advice, if you could point me in the right direction regarding the tests I can do myself that would be much appreciated.

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

Scout7

http://www.d3multisport.com/articles.php There's a number of HR-based articles on this site. It will tell you how to do a LT Threshold test yourself, and even has an Excel spreadsheet for calculating zones.