Finished my first 5k (Read 1014 times)

So, my goal was just to run this the whole way and finish...which I did in 32:25. I kept a solid pace through the whole thing, and probably could've gone a bit faster, but didn't want to mess up/not be able to finish. Sooo, now I'm hooked...gotta find another 5k and beat my PR Cool Oh and I survived HNAS (Headphones Not Allowed Syndrome) on the course...I was worried because my music is usually what keeps me going, but I did just find without.
      Congratulations! One down and many to go...you're hooked. Big grin

Michelle

That's great! I was hooked after my first one in March, too! Big grin I take my Nike +/iPod to races but I don't take headphones. I actually find that I enjoy listening to all the "race noises" around me, I can listen to my music anyday but the race noises are fun and different. Cool Oh and now you are chasing the carrot (just like me)....I am still trying to beat my first time too! Clowning around
        ---- Cynthia
          I take my Nike +/iPod to races but I don't take headphones. I actually find that I enjoy listening to all the "race noises" around me, I can listen to my music anyday but the race noises are fun and different. Cool Clowning around
          I didn't have an ipod (shuffle) until this past Christmas, so running without music is nothing new to me. Now I bring it to races and have it clipped on and ready to go if I have a chance but mostly I just enjoy the sounds of the race...well, enjoy isn't the word for ALL of the sounds around me... Like the one lady who burped like a man who just gulped down a entire can of soda - while running RIGHT next to me...Ick.

Michelle

anewland112

I didn't have an ipod (shuffle) until this past Christmas, so running without music is nothing new to me. Now I bring it to races and have it clipped on and ready to go if I have a chance but mostly I just enjoy the sounds of the race...well, enjoy isn't the word for ALL of the sounds around me... Like the one lady who burped like a man who just gulped down a entire can of soda - while running RIGHT next to me...Ick.
            Ewwwww! Tongue
              I have a hard time drinking a whole can of soda when I'm NOT running.
                Congratulations!! That's an awesome achievement!! Big grin
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Nice work, Scali! A little over a year ago I ran my first 5k...after that I was hooked and looking for my next fix (race). Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay