downloading log for back up onto my hard drive but having trouble converting it to some readable program? (Read 584 times)

this is why I run....

I am NOT computer literate. I'll say that right off the top! I have downloaded both options of my log from RA onto my computer but when I open the file it doesn't look like anything I've ever seen before. am I doing something wrong? is it possible to put into an excel file? is the whole point of downloading it just to save it even if it is in some unrecognizable format? does it really matter? will RA be around forever? so i don't need to worry about it anyway? (I hope so!) thanks for any assistance
      Download the tab delimited version. This will be a zip file. Unzip it. Then open log.txt with Excel.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

this is why I run....

I think it's the unzip part I can't do.
        AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

> I think it's the unzip part I can't do. What kind of computer do you use, and what is the filename of the file you're trying to open, and when you open it, what application comes up (if you can tell), or what happens?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

this is why I run....

thanks. I accidentally was able to convert the file to an excel file and then saved it. I really don't know how I did it but I just kept trying different things and finally I saved it as zip.excel and that worked. I told you I was computer illiterate. Smile thanks for assisting!