I'm about to be stupid... wish me luck (Read 1157 times)

I've been gently rebuilding after an injury and am scheduled for 10 miles tomorrow... the longest run since my return. I've been patient and letting things heal nicely. I was reminded, though, that a shiny new half-marathon/marathon is being run right here in town next weekend. Most of my running friends are doing the half. It'll be going right by my door. I've decided the half simply needs to be done and I'll be registering tomorrow after my run successfully concludes. I'll be trying to take it easy, but that can be tough in a race. Please send good vibes to my leg to keep it holding together!

-------------------------------------
    5K - 18:25 - 3/19/11
    10K - 39:38 - 12/13/09
    1/2 - 1:29:38 - 5/30/10
    Full - 3:45:40 - 5/27/07

Wow, right by your front door! So irresistible! I don't think anyone can pass this one. Just take it easy and let your friends get all the glory. Best of luck and stay healthy!
        In my last race, I saw a guy with a T-shirt that said "I tore my Achilles 2 months ago." I thought that was (a) clever and (b) a smart way to take it easy. Wish I'd thought of it.

Bugs

Running can be such a social party it's how to stay home. Good Luck, have fun, & report back.

Bugs

SMART Approach

Nate, You should be fine, but I probably wouldn't race it real hard as it looks like you are still building yourself back up and don't have many long runs to support you. You don't want any setbacks.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

I borrowed a mile from my Saturday run and put it on my Sunday run to make it 11 miles. It felt great, no soreness in the leg and best of all, it got me just 2 miles away from the half marathon distance. I registered as soon as I finished stretching.

jfa

Nate I'm in the same boat as you.Coming back from a strained knee and doing a 1/2 next weekend. Think good thoughts and the Best of Luck to ya! Cool

Nate I'm in the same boat as you.Coming back from a strained knee and doing a 1/2 next weekend. Think good thoughts and the Best of Luck to ya! Cool
                  Cool, good luck. Are you doing Providence by any chance?

All went well and it made an excellent training run. I didn't set any speed records, but I had fun and didn't re-injure myself. Hopefully I can actually race the next one in a few weeks.

Very glad to hear it went well for you Nate. Did you get to meet the overall Marathon winner by any chance? I was the last over the starting line, so Blaine was at the 1/2 mile mark when my chip beeped on the mat. Clowning around

E.J.
                      Greater Lowell Road Runners
                      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.