No pain when running barefoot, but pain with shoes (Read 52 times)

elltumbarella

I have been through the ringer these past few months with pain & misdiagnosed stress fractures..

today i was messing around in my driveway and I realized that I had absolutely no pain when I was running around and I was completely barefoot..but earlier in the day, i had to run a short distance because i was late to something, and I had experienced the throbbing shin pain I have been for the past few weeks...is it possible im like born to run barefoot?

..is it possible im like born to run barefoot?

Christopher McDougall, in Born To Run, says that we are all born to run barefoot.  When running barefoot, you plant your feet differently than when running in padded shoes.  According to him, that difference is where foot pain and injuries come from.  The conclusion is to run barefoot enough to learn proper form, then use that same form when running with shoes.

Or your shoes may be the wrong shoes.  Find a real running store and get some professional shoe advice.

zonykel

Christopher McDougall, in Born To Run, says that we are all born to run barefoot.  

And yet, nobody in that race ran barefoot.