Weirdest thing you've ever seen on the ground during a run..? (Read 11262 times)

heavy like a loaded gun

unexploded land mine Tongue
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

A vibrator! Surprised
      Heh, the story gets better... So I was just telling did about my finding. He asks "where was it?" Then when I realized the name of the street where I was running when I saw the plastic phallus-substitute I about choked--Wilcox. Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, man...that's when I'd stop running. Was it readily visible? How terrifying! You're kind of forced to stare at the ground immediately ahead of you for a very long time after a situation like that, I'll bet.

~ Sarah Kay

Oh no --- living people. Sleeping people. (not any dead people --- that I know of ... yikes Sad )
          me, too. a couple of friends and i did a warm-up run in north philly last may and passed quite a few (sleeping??) bodies. running through manhattan inevitably yields similar results. i like telling the crab story more! oh, i did pick up a pair of "spyglasses" once-- you know the kinds that come in "spy kits" for kids... they're mirrored on the INSIDE so you can see what people are doing behind you if you look to the side and focus just so. i wore them the rest of the way home-- weirdest, dizziest run ever.

heavy like a loaded gun

Oh, man...that's when I'd stop running. Was it readily visible? How terrifying! You're kind of forced to stare at the ground immediately ahead of you for a very long time after a situation like that, I'll bet.
            When the EOD (Explosive Ordnance Disposal) guys initially sweep an area they will mark any dangerous stuff with white "caution" tape. They come back later on and dispose of it, if they have time. So I wasn't in any real danger. Big grin
            muse_runner

keep running.

I think I'm more humored that K associated a vibrator with a black eye. booyah.
              running until I hit 1900 miles for the year. whether fast or slow I will just run.
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I think I'm more humored that K associated a vibrator with a black eye. booyah.
                well I thought Alex's smilie response of Surprised was a little too, ahem, graphic given the subject matter.... Though I guess that's not any more risqué... Wink

~ Sarah Kay

You'll ruin your knees!

so... you saw a "vibrator" too! Black eye Wink I was running a favorite trail once (pretty rugged trail, mind you) and came upon the foot rest for a wheelchair. I kept looking for someone in a wheelchair missing one footrest...

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Go Pre!

dead rabbit....but.... It is a route I run frequently, in cottage country. So in the summer of 2006 I ran it most Saturdays and every Sunday training for my first HM. I saw this rabbit on it's D-Day. Fresh road kill, mushy, bloody, fairly '3 dimensional' still. I saw it the next week, after approximately 2 or 3 more 'pass overs' and less '3-D' The next week is was perfectly flat and somehow it made it to the shoulder so I had to 'hop' over it. Week 4 still there, getting greyish. Week 5, still there, looking quite pale and blending into the hard packed sandy shoulder. Week 6-9 (Summers end) still visible, somewhat more skeletal each day Spring 2007, first cottage country run of the year, now almost 10 months after D-Day, hard to tell, but as I knew the spot so well, I could see fossilized remains within the dirt.
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

This is how I picture the pace bunny in the 1500 mile group!
                      Ha! The 1000 mile pace bunny looks like that to me, too...only he's a couple hundred miles behind me, now. I saw a possum like that yesterday. Hard to believe he was so flat and still so clearly a possum. I think his nasty little naked tail gave him away. k

~ Sarah Kay

Go Pre!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Naked tail is hot!
                          *resists putting this in my sig*

~ Sarah Kay

Naked tail is hot!
                            haha ... at first I thought you had a rodent fetish, dave Big grin
                            2009: BQ?

Go Pre!

haha ... at first I thought you had a rodent fetish, dave Big grin
                              Maybe I do.... Surprised

Another Passion

A sillver cross. I was going to pick it up and didn't. My wife came by the same cross on one of her runs and did pick it up. When she got back from that run she said "look what I found on my run today." I told her that I had ran by that very same cross. Kind of weird.

Rick
                                "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                                "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                                runningforcassy.blogspot.com